workout dvd for bad back?

Options
emy61032
emy61032 Posts: 10 Member
Can anyone recommend a good workout dvd for a bad back? I have been told to stick with walking only,so I walk a lot and do stretches everyday,which helps keep my back from flaring up. I would really like to try and do something more as far as exercise, but don't want to throw my back out of alignment. When it goes out of alignment, one leg usually measures an inch shorter than the other and it is very painful. Wondering if I should just stick with walking and stretching, or if there is anything more intense that I can do without hurting myself. Thanks!

Replies

• Agatefairy
    Agatefairy Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello :-)

I do a combination of HIIT, yoga, and low impact aerobics. I've noticed that with my spine as long as I stay away from any weight lifting involving a 90 degree flexion at the hips I do ok. As far as DVD's I have a few suggestions for you in different categories that I do. Most of them can all be found on Netflix or streaming on Hulu, Youtube etc if that helps! I also tend to push myself pretty hard, but I'm several years post op with my back.

Yoga and stretching:

Yoga for Chronic Conditions
    Strength: Any of the Exhale Core Fusion series: you can find them for free streaming on Hulu
    Strength and alignment: Louis Soloman's Yogalates
    Chris Freytag's Walk and Sculpt/walking cardio sculpt
    Petra Kolber: Cardio for Beginners
    Karen Voight: Burn & Firm Circuit Training or Half and Half
    Weight Loss Cardio Sculpt with Violet Zaki
    Viniyoga Therapy
    Leslie Sansone Walk and Tone-Her voice and 'walk walk walk' mantra annoys me so I mute her and listen to music lol
    Denise Austen has some walking workouts that can also be found on Youtube :-)

I hope this helps :-) Let me know if I can suggest anymore-I have A LOT of DVDs
  • azzure1
    azzure1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to check out those suggestions.. lately I can barely walk with the pain in my lower back and hips, but I've been told activity should lesson the pain.

What is HIIT?