i'm stubborn

Options
since no one else is here i'm just gonna do my own thing. finally made it down to below 230 lbs!!!!! only 30 lbs to go until my birthday in October, kind of a personal goal. if any one is out there let me know what your personal goal is. I have several, the belly dancing (don't expect to get good just to not suck quit so much), the yoga (to actually hit ANY pose correctly and without the ouch), and the naryan shabd (have the words right all by myself).
love and kisses to all and my the goddess guide your way in peace and light

Replies

• Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss! I am a big yoga practitioner too, I have a long term goal of getting my yoga teachers certificate. Currently my goal is to increase my daily yoga two fold.
    If you need some instruction youtube is a great resource. "Yoga with Adrienne" is good for beginners and intermediates who like additional pointers.
  • KirstenRoed
    KirstenRoed Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Brightest Blessings and congratulations on the weight loss! I am recently back on the health kick- focusing on cardio and strength training. I'm mostly trying to get my endurance up enough so that I can try some of the other fun stuff without getting winded. My personal goal is to cut myself in half (or close to it). I am at 268 right now and I really want to get down to 150. I work out 8 times a week right now because I have such a long way to go- and because I don't want to go through surgery if I can help it. I am also working with a nutritionist on the best food for my body and lifestyle that will be healthier choices. I live in Louisiana where the food is really good (can you tell that I'm a fan?) and we have festivals just to celebrate how good our food is nearly every weekend. It's not easy, but I really want to be a better me. My goal is to be under 200 by the time I get married Yule 2016.

Friend me and we can share info!
    Kirsten Roed
  • SimplyMicheleR
    SimplyMicheleR Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm just getting back on the wagon. Hopefully I can post some success of my own soon.

• ladylaume
    ladylaume Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 20lbs well 17lbs now before the midwest witches ball! I can do it I was down to 179 and then i moved and made it back to 128... at 119 now yay!
  • SageBrightHeart
    SageBrightHeart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am back to MFP after a little over 2 years being indulgent. We had some wicked bad news last year about my husband's health, and I overate all the wrong stuff as an emotional reaction. I am back working with a trainer, and being more active in every way I can, but being aware of the consequences of what I'm choosing to eat has to be a large component, too, because I just love eating. I can gain weight on grapes and carrots. Damn. Anyway, look forward to more activity in here. I need comrades in arms!
  • librarianofarivne
    librarianofarivne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really fell off the wagon for a while, but we bought a house and I think things are settling back down. thank you all so much for the positive feedback. but can I ask a question? anyone here do the veiling/covering thing? I guess I should ask does anyone else do so?
  • SageBrightHeart
    SageBrightHeart Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I guess, in answer to your question, is - no, because I'm not sure what you mean.
  • librarianofarivne
    Options
    i cover my head with scarves and such, always felt like I should and finally had the guts to start last year.
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    ive had a reallly rough month i was kinda in a homeless shelter for a week which was great for structure but bad mentally im back in my grandmothers house again only after my grand father was in the hospital and eventually died the wake was on my birthday i know i havent fully grieved from this but im so bussy holding everyone else up or perhaps apart that i havent had anytime to myself to really process anything

my current goals are to log everything no mater how ulgy it gets and im doing fairly well im really starting to cut back on binging which is something i just learned i do (it gets to the point that im not eating because im hungry im eating because it tastes good and im really trying to fix that

im also buying water and drinking 2-3 bottles a day which im verry proud of