First HM

Options
dewd2
dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
Hey Kids,

First let me say that I am NOT a runner. I have been running on and off for the past 27 years or so (short 5k races only) and now I am training for a HM at the end of May. So I guess I can officially join the club. :)

After a few years of doing almost nothing (fall baseball doesn't really count), I decided to get back in shape. I joined up with Team in Training and committed to running the Rock n Roll HM in San Diego. I also decided to finally get serious about my diet and so here I am.

I'll be reading as much as I can over the next couple months and maybe by the end of this adventure I will become a real runner.

Thanks for the great site.

BTW - I am well into my training. I expect to finish the race around 2:30. I'm also well on my way to a much healthier weight.

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the first step, signing up. I look forward to reading about your progress and success.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to take on the HM! Welcome to the long distance club! If you have any questions as you continue training, don't hesitate to post! We're usually pretty friendly :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on deciding to take on the HM! Welcome to the long distance club! If you have any questions as you continue training, don't hesitate to post! We're usually pretty friendly :)

No we're not! We're mean! grrrrr!

I kid! I kid!
    I'm just a little grumpy since I can't run lol

Good luck on your race and this group really is a great place to ask questions and learn.
    I <3 this group