Logging in meals?

mnemonicone3
mnemonicone3 Posts: 20 Member
Hi all! Just joined the group for support and motivation. I'm starting round 2 tomorrow. I just completed round 1 today and I feel pretty awesome. I'm down 15lbs!

Still a bit new to MFP and I'm a little unsure of how to log in meals, especially for 21DF. Help?

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    @mnemonicone3 Congratulations on the loss! I started my round 2 today after taking a week off.

There are two ways you could go about this. The one way, you can use the containers and then weigh everything so you can log your food on MFP. I did this the first week or so. The other way is to simply trust the containers. Focus on using all of them every day and don't worry about tracking on MFP. Frankly, I find tracking on MFP so tedious that I'm just trusting the containers.
  • mnemonicone3
    I think I'll do the latter! It's worked so far. The tally sheets are great. Thank you @SatiaRenee!

• SatiaRenee
    I printed out a tally sheet and laminated it. It's on my refrigerator and I just check off what I used as I go throughout the day. Holds me accountable without a lot of fuss and bother. (Confession: I actually didn't eat enough protein yesterday. I don't even know how that's possible!)
  • mnemonicone3
    Laminating is a great idea, I wish I'd thought of that in the beginning!

Do you use the exact number of containers you're allowed? I try and just cannot fit it all in the day. I usually do about 3-4 meals (including snacks).
  • SatiaRenee
    Yes, most of the time I do but I also eat 5-6 times a day to make it happen. Otherwise, I couldn't do it.
  • jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    15 pounds, WOW!!!!! I was tracking in the beginning to make sure I was on target for calories, but it got a little tedious so I stopped doing it every day. I still track my exercise tho because it's easy.
  • mnemonicone3
    @jpkrueger I see that you track your workouts. How do you get the fix exercises? I can't figure it out!
  • dawnkwiatek
    dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
    I log mine too. I wear a heart rate monitor
  • SatiaRenee
    @mnemonicone3 If you don't have a HRM, I've seen many people here on MFP recommend this website:
    healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

It's not as accurate as wearing a HRM but it's better than nothing.
  • jpkrueger
    @mnemonicone3 in the 21DF guide (I think that's where I saw it), she says the workouts will burn about 400 calories. So I set up each exercise in my database to show 400 calories. I'm sure it's not exact - some seem like they would burn more than others - but that's ok, I'm following the eating plan so not so worried about eating my calories back.
  • dawnkwiatek
    I didn't read that. I don't burn near 400 calories :(
  • mnemonicone3
    @jpkrueger @SatiaRenee @dkwi04 Thanks! All good info :-)
  • JLWright73
    JLWright73 Posts: 39 Member
    dkwi04 wrote: »
    I didn't read that. I don't burn near 400 calories :(

I don't burn anywhere near 400 calories either. I could probably get there if I doubled up the workouts. The only time I burn anywhere close to 400 in half an hour is when I do JNL Fusion or kettlebell workouts which incorporate a lot more cardio.
  • jpkrueger
    @dkwi04 on page 4 of the eating plan, there is the calculation to figure out your calorie level. In step B, you add 400 calories to your caloric baseline to determine your caloric needs. It says 400 is the "fix calorie burn". Of course everyone is different and I imagine that is just an estimate and/or an average.

That being said, I'm going to keep telling myself I burned 400 calories because I like how that sounds :)
  • dawnkwiatek
    I wonder if part of that has to do with the amount our bodies burn from just doing what they do? I am sure there is a reason though