Random Question

Options
Belle8312
Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
So kind of a random question, but what would you do in this situation?

There's a woman I work with and she had some guy stop by her desk to talk to her about a week ago about whatever, I don't know, something related to work. I noticed him, he seemed kind of cute. So I guess when he got back to his desk (he works in a different part of the building) he IM'd my co-worker to ask about me. Who's the "new girl", age, am I single, etc. Well she IM'd and asked me what I thought about him because he was asking about me and wanted to know if he asked me out what would I say. I told her to go ahead and tell him I am available.
Fast forward to two days later and I had a meeting with one of the bosses, and when I came back he had sent me a contacts request for our IM, IM'd me and sent me a FB friend request.

First of all, a little overboard? So we started chatting and by the end of the day, I had accepted his friend request.
Now keep in mind, he works IN MY SAME BUILDING! But he hasn't come by once to talk to me in person and hasn't asked me out. What gives?

Not only that, but he is crazy into fitness. (Another reason why I am posing the question here. :smiley: )
Like he is a freak of nature fitness crazy. Triathlons, sticks to a specific meal plan each week, etc.

Now don't get me wrong, I am working on my fitness and eating, and am doing really well sticking to my calories, etc. And maybe someday I could do triathlons, but right now I am not there. I really don't think I would be able to keep up in the event he did ask me out. And that's if he did? Why did he go to all the trouble of getting info about me if he wasn't going to ask me out? Or am I just being impatient?

What do you all think?

Replies

• stephenrhinton
    stephenrhinton Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    my two cents, is be a little patient ...were i the guy in this scenario seems about the place I'd be.
    1) I feel way more comfortable chatting and/or exchanging emails when I am first getting to know someone. Like many introverts I can get crazy anxious trying to talk to someone I might be interested in face to face.
    2) At this stage I'd be trying to feel out common interests, personality fit, and lifestyle compatibility. So I know if it is worth pursuing a 'date'.
    3) Wait and see if your differing levels of interest in fitness is going to be an issue. He may want a workout partner ...or that may be his private time when he wants space.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I say just relax and see what happens! If nothing else, it could be a fun story. Honestly, even when I was at my highest weight, I had several guys seriously interested in me even though they worked out hardcore. No telling what somebody likes :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    They guy might be busy and not have time to leave his desk during the day.
    The fitness thing I have friends that are very strict on their diets but they know that is their lives and do not force others to what they do.
    It is still new just go with it or ask him out. He wouldn't have gotten your details if there wasn't something on his part.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    i agree with everyone esle. He's interested but he's shy. He's going to try and get to know you a bit first. Seems to be the sign of the times.

No harm in you getting to know him too? You might find you dont actually 'want' to date him ;)