Introduce Yourself

Alex
Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
Welcome to the 28-Day Run-Yoga-Meditation Challenge Discussion... please say hello and share your progress here.

Replies

• kelelli
    kelelli Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Kelli. I did the 15-minute walk this afternoon (in addition to my workout this morning). I'm really looking forward to this challenge because I love yoga and actually just starting meditating last week (I've tried in the past but didn't stick with it). Good luck with this, everyone :)
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Hello! My name is Rae and I'm interested in this challenge, but I'm not sure exactly how it works. Is there a specific start date or does everyone just start whenever they want on their own (and would therefore be at different points along the calendar). Just needing some clarification. (I find it helpful with challenges to all start and end on the same days, but that's just my experience).

Thanks!
  • kmcampbell893
    kmcampbell893 Posts: 13 Member
    Hi I'm Katrina and I have just started up on this challenge as I thought since I get stressed during exam time at university it would be a good way to keep a healthy mind and body and remind myself of the important things in life and because yoga has helped me relax in the past. Today I completed day 2 with 15 mins of yoga.
  • Lesa2014
    Lesa2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello, I'm Lesa. Have not done yoga or meditating and plan on walking in this challenge and learning something new.
  • cbngal
    cbngal Posts: 1 Member
    Hi. I'm Fiona. I'm recovering from pneumonia so I thought this would be good way to get back my previous fitness and flexibility after a month of bedrest. Slow and steady and mindfully!
  • Lancerchick86
    Lancerchick86 Posts: 13 Member
    Hello, I'm Stephanie. I will be starting this today (Wednesday). I am on day three of the 21 day fix so this will hopefully help to keep pushing myself to become more active. Love yoga and meditation. I do meditation but not on a daily basis. Looking to change that. Yoga, well we have a love hate relationship. haha Here is to taking on a new challenge and helping each other see it through to the end. Good Luck!
  • lnchap
    lnchap Posts: 1 Member
    I'm Leslie and I will be starting this challenge today. I am a runner already but am looking to add some yoga to my routine for a change of pace, to increase my flexibility and hopefully find some inner peace. I started running 2 years ago after the birth of my second child. I am finally down to pre-babies weight but am looking to shake up my workout routine to hopefully lose the last 10 lbs to be back to pre-wedding weight. But if the weight doesn't come off I'm fine with that, I just want to strengthen and tone. I want to look and feel as strong as I can.
  • torymarinelli
    torymarinelli Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everybody! Just starting the yoga part today. I did a walk yesterday, since I can't run yet, but I am hoping to be getting into better shape so I can! Starting at Day 2!!
  • redgiraffe24
    redgiraffe24 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi, I'm Erika! I'm a runner currently working on rebuilding some endurance after some post-marathon burnout. I'm also trying to lose weight and find that I eat poorly when I'm stressed. I'd like to handle stress better and improve flexibility. I'll be starting the challenge tomorrow.
  • Mabdelaziz12
    Mabdelaziz12 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Mai. I live in the suburbs of DC and wanting to do the festival in DC on September 20th. I need an accountability buddy and someone to do these workouts possibly. Anyone?