Do you think sugar is addicting?

Options
DeniseMarSi
DeniseMarSi Posts: 68 Member
I really am starting to see the addictive qualities of sugar, more and more, even though I don't want to admit it. I love sweets, and always have. I can't quite wrap my head around it being as strong as an addiction as alcohol or drugs, but maybe it can be for some people? ( and maybe even me? ) At the same time, I struggle with not eating sugar ever. It seems unreasonable in our society. So, I guess I am just wondering what your thoughts are on the topic. I know when I really stuck with a low carb diet, for a few months, I finally broke down and had some cake at my daughter's birthday party, and guess what? It tasted horrible! I couldn't believe it, because everyone else said it tasted so good.. Of course slowly I got used to it again, and now three Chocolate Easter bunnies later, realized that I just overdue it with sugar pretty much everyday. Ugh.. it is so frustrating to figure out the "happy medium" if that exists...

Replies

• veeveez
    veeveez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think sugar is extremely addictive. I'm 3 days in and I just want some candy!! What to do?!?