Inspire the Newbie!

Options
Gumbie7
Gumbie7 Posts: 45 Member
Hey ladies! I'm finally getting around to starting this awesome program. Completed Workout A today:) I've got a long way to go, lots of work and strength to gain. I'm 8 months postpartum and just looking for some inspiration from you all. So if you've got some before & after's it would be great to see! Even the in betweens would be wonderful! Thanks to all for the great information here!!!

Replies

• CHSegl
    CHSegl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I can't post pics, since I'm a tech ignoramus, but I'm 53 yr old and started lifting 2 yrs ago. Can now deadlift 235# on a good day, and am creeping up on the 100# bench. I am close to squatting full body weight- if not for a torn hamstring, I'd have it by now. Don't ask about OHPs, we don't speak of them....
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    CHFay, you rock!! That's all I'm saying!!! Another newbie (45 yrs old) motivated!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Gumbie7 wrote: »
    Hey ladies! I'm finally getting around to starting this awesome program. Completed Workout A today:) I've got a long way to go, lots of work and strength to gain. I'm 8 months postpartum and just looking for some inspiration from you all. So if you've got some before & after's it would be great to see! Even the in betweens would be wonderful! Thanks to all for the great information here!!!

there's a whole thread in the stickies section just dripping with before/after shots that you might like. i started lifting about a year ago, although i didn't get started with stronglifts until the summer sometime. there's all kinds of things to like about lifting, and this is a really nice community to do it in.

• Gumbie7
    Gumbie7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the encouragement all!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Here you go, I'll post my most recent before and during pic

First pic is 10months postpartum
    Second is about a fortnight ago

4l0z35os55ub.jpg

That's a round of Nrolfw and eight months of Stronglifts. Very minimal cardio.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Okay, I will say it first...

Wow.

That is all.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @Grumbie7 and well done @psych101. What other exercises did you do when you were doing your strength programmes?
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Okay, I will say it first...

Wow.

That is all.

I second that! Amazing transformation!
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Agreed!!!
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Damn! @psych101 !
  • Sumiblue
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is my before and after. The before is before I joined MFP and working out. After is from Feb. 2015. Getting my calories in line helped tremendously. I'd been doing SL for months at 1200-1300 calories. Raised them up a bit and lost 9lbs and 5.5 inches.
    5a7qhqv4nnkb.jpg

• Sumiblue
    Options
    "After" got cut. Here it is:
    ao2qpbppo3x6.jpg
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Holy *kitten* @Sumiblue amazing!!

And nothing else for me, just lifting heavy and eating all the proteinz
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    "After" got cut.

i'll say she did :p you look incredible.

• Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well done @Sumiblue and great work again @psych101.
  • Sumiblue
    edited April 2015
    Options
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Amazing @Sumiblue and @psych101!!!!!
    Hope you post those on the progress thread, what a great inspiration!!!!!
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I don't know why my post above disappeared. But, basically, I was saying Thanks, gals! You all rock!
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    @psych101 you rock, seriously. I told you before, but you're one of my inspiration here because we started about at the same point and were you are now is just... fabulous.

@sumiblue your shoulders!! my, I think I may have a thing for shoulders, everytime I see a result picture, I'm like, man, have you seen those shoulders?! Plus, love the new haircut.
  • Sumiblue
    Options