Week Two Challenges: June 9 - June 15

The weekly challenges for Sunday, June 9, through Saturday, June 15 are:

Art Appreciation
Pamper Yourself Day
Counselors Create an Activity Day - each Cabin Counselor creates an activity just for their campers
Martial Arts Day
Cabin Cleaning Day
Family Day
Pay It Back Day

For a description of each of the above, please see the locked Weekly Activities discussion on the group page!

Replies

• Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    Opinions (kind ones please), Does watch a ball game and soak in a hot shower count. If not the over indulgence of grad cake is meaningless...LOL

p.s. The cake was good anyways, I better be carful my weight spiked 4lbs this weekend, I am going to start riding my bike to work starting tomorrow 6/11/2013
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Opinions (kind ones please), Does watch a ball game and soak in a hot shower count. If not the over indulgence of grad cake is meaningless...LOL

p.s. The cake was good anyways, I better be carful my weight spiked 4lbs this weekend, I am going to start riding my bike to work starting tomorrow 6/11/2013

I would say that counts as the Pamper Yourself Day! :)
  • dmdegrassi
    The weekly challenges for Sunday, June 9, through Saturday, June 15 are:

Art Appreciation
    Pamper Yourself Day
    Counselors Create an Activity Day - each Cabin Counselor creates an activity just for their campers
    Martial Arts Day
    Cabin Cleaning Day
    Family Day
    Pay It Back Day

For a description of each of the above, please see the locked Weekly Activities discussion on the group page!

NMCP Cabin 1 only: One of the weekly activities this week is a Counselor's Choice. So here goes... Name three things you like about yourself! I'll start: 1) I like my hair when it's freshly washed and curled...it's the longest it's ever been! 2) Although my hubby says I'm anal and I say I'm detail oriented (or OCD...lol)...whatever it is...I like it because it pushes me to be organized and to do my best at whatever I do! 3) I am proud of myself for taking in my Mom and Dad when they needed me and for making a difficult situation work (most days...lol). Yes, I wish my circumstances were different, but we don't always get what we want in life, so we just have to look for the positive and carry on! So there's mine...what's your three?
  • PrajnaFaux
    PrajnaFaux Posts: 45
    I gave myself a yogurt and honey facial mask yesterday and felt very pampered! There was some left over. But I didn't eat it! I gave it to my hubby and we "spa'd" together!
  • dmdegrassi
    I gave myself a yogurt and honey facial mask yesterday and felt very pampered! There was some left over. But I didn't eat it! I gave it to my hubby and we "spa'd" together!

Sounds like a good time! :)
  • dmdegrassi
    I managed to complete a few of the weekly challenges today. My brother's family was visiting from South Dakota and we went into Manhattan for the day (Family Day). We visited the 911 Memorial and donated $ towards its completion and towards the fund that assists families of victims (Pay It Back). While we were walking through town, there were many artists displaying their work, as well as permanent art structures (Art Appreciation). What did you do today?
  • Pumpitusa
    Pumpitusa Posts: 169 Member
    HI, Sorry if I seem alittle dumbfounded, but, can someone explaine what some of these challenges are? Cabin cleaning seams obvious, martial arts(I think), please someone assist my dumbfoundedness (WHAT A WORD. I don't think it is. its mine now)LOL.
  • dmdegrassi
    HI, Sorry if I seem alittle dumbfounded, but, can someone explaine what some of these challenges are? Cabin cleaning seams obvious, martial arts(I think), please someone assist my dumbfoundedness (WHAT A WORD. I don't think it is. its mine now)LOL.

There is a discussion post titled Weekly Challenges that explains them all; there is also a post titled Daily Challenges that explains those. The explanation posts have been up since the group started.
  • dmdegrassi
    I also had Family Day on Thursday when my brother and two of his kids and I went bowling... fun time! Saturday I pampered myself, although not exactly the way I wanted. I had forgotten to make an appointment for a mani/pedi and they were unable to fit me in, so I gave myself the mani/pedi and also took care of my middle-aged facial hair (yeah! I feel like a woman again!). I also included Martial Arts Day by completing punches and side kicks. :)
  • dmdegrassi
    WEEK TWO RESULTS ARE IN!

FYI - Cabin averages are based on actual number of campers PARTICIPATING.

Best Week Two Cabin Participation = tie between Cabins 2 & 3 with 6 participants.

Best Points Earned Average Per Cabin = tie between Cabins 2 & 3 with 26.3 points.

Best Weight Loss Average Per Cabin = Cabin 1 with 1.8 pounds lost.

Best Points Earned for An Individual = tie between missability and SavvyGurl0528, each with 32 pts.

Best Individual Weight Loss = jacksagod with 5.6 pounds lost.

Specific Totals for Cabins below:

Cabin 1
    5 actual participants; Avg Pts = 23.4; Avg Loss = 1.8
    dmdegrassi 31 pts -1.8 lbs
    Jullessi 15 pts
    Pumpitusa 14 pts +1 lbs
    prajnafaux 28 pts -1 lbs
    jacksagod 29 pts -5.6 lbs
    happysilverpoppy

Cabin 2
    6 actual particpants; Avg Pts = 26.3; Avg Loss = 1.6
    Super_Mama 28 pts -0 lbs
    SummerMM1 30 pts -2.1 lbs
    pricett 8 pts
    missability 32 pts -4.6 lbs
    naticksdonna 30 pts +.7 lbs
    traynorj82 30 pts -2 lbs

Cabin 3
    6 actual participants; Avg Pts = 26.3; Avg Loss = (+.2)
    SavvyGurl0528 32 pts -1 lb
    sassynkp 27 pts -0 lbs
    karendee4 26 pts -0 lbs
    spacecurly 27 pts +3.1 lbs
    Prephred 27 pts -1 lbs
    df1982 19 pts -0 lbs