Anyone starting piyo tmm 4/13/15?

Options
DJ478
DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
looking for those starting tmm so we can make a group or thread to help us stay accountable and for encouragement I will also post daily pics on ig for accountability motivation etc

Replies

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I started on the 6th so we wouldn't be too far apart in our workouts. I am following the regular schedule so I did upper body today and will be doing sweat tomorrow. But, I'll be repeating so tomorrow we'll be on different workouts and then Tuesday we'll both be doing lower body. There will be a few other days when we're on the same workout and we'll always be resting on the same day. I'm also on IG where I post about PiYo and 21 Day Fix since I am currently doing both.
  • DJ478
    Options
    @satiarenee inbox me your ig so I can follow u and vice versa
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @DJ478 Did you notice that PiYo: Define: Lower Body is "lopsided" during the Warrior sequence? Today, as I was going through the workout, I remembered this and, when Chalene said to move the right foot between my hands, I moved my left foot between my hands. I figure if I can remember to alternate, then it will balance out. I'm still not able to get all the way through the closing Downward Dog series but I got further than ever before. And I think I may even be getting a little lower in the push-ups.
  • DJ478
    Options
    @SatiaRenee I did fundamentals yesterday didn't feel like it was a workout at all I didn't sweat but my calves were sore Today I also gained 2lbs :( and today I have lower body I'll keep that in mind
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Yeah. I didn't feel like I got a workout when I did Align either but you know what? My forearms were so sore the next day that I think I did more than it felt like I was doing at the time. Trust me, I've been sweating through the rest of the workouts. That one is mostly instructional and super easy by comparison with the rest.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Today was a PiYo fail for me. I woke up with a very bad pain in my neck and my balance is a disaster. So first I was losing my balance for the standing crunches. Then I was losing it in side plank. Then came the crunches and my neck was screaming. No. I tried to wait out the crunches but I started feeling nauseous from the pain and I gave up. I had already skipped my sun salutations because of my neck but I managed to get through 21 Day Fix. I'm going to take something for the pain and try not to hurt myself.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    I did it! I woke up without any neck pain and managed to get through both 21 Day Fix and PiYo. I am definitely seeing improvement in what I can and cannot do in the former and I'm still struggling to get through the latter but I was there! Sure, I may not be keeping up but I'm not giving up! And it felt GREAT!
  • DJ478
    Options
    I doubled up on Thursday cause I missed Wednesday but caught up to was I weighed myself I'm down 4.5lbs
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @DJ478 Nearly 5 lbs? That's great!
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    Did PiYo Core today for the second time and I can honestly say I struggled less. So happy about this I can't even find words to express it. I'm a little anxious about the "new" workouts coming at me next week. Buns and Strength Intervals. I hope I survive! LOL!