6/9 Day 9

JurneyEve
JurneyEve Posts: 84 Member
Good morning everyone. Today is day 9 of our 30 Day Challenge. So far only 10 of us have weighed in. How about the rest of you? Come on. Don't be shy. We're all friends here. I know some of us were pretty disappointed yesterday when our scales didn't move, and for some of us, the scale moved in the wrong direction but we can't let that get us down. The important thing is we're exercising instead of sitting on our bums and we're paying more attention to what we eat. Do you feel better about yourself? Do you have a little more energy than you did before? I don't know about you but I feel skinnier even if my scale says I'm not. We've probably gained a little muscle, which weighs more than fat, and that's why our scales haven't moved. Just keep your eye on the prize...which in my case is a pair of jeans that I haven't been able to wear in about a year. What's your prize?

As for next week's challenge, I like sarahmccallu's idea for us to take on a new type of exercise that we're not used to but I also like ginacoates idea for 1 minute jumping jacks, or 1 minute crunches. Does anyone else have any ideas for some weekly challenges.

Today, I'll be running my daughter around town. She wants to go to the mall. My plan is to stay under my calorie count, exercise for 30 minutes, do some more laundry and supervise my kids as they do their chores. At what age do they just do their chores without me telling them to?

I hope you all have a stupendously uplifting Sunday and remember...you can "be miserable or you can motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, its always your choice."

♥ Diana

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Got myself back on the wagon with an 8 mile run this morning...evil 3lb, you will be GONE by the end of this week!!:mad:

Hope everyone else has a great week :flowerforyou:

Am aware that the above 2 smileys in succession looks a bit strange....! :embarassed:
  • Just joined. I am determined to get back on the wagon after an awful week! Wish me luck ;)

For my challenge I'm going to try to kick my old habits by going a week without grapes! I know it sounds weird but they are my vice, I eat the half a punned at a time which is not good, I'm going to go cold turkey this week. And also do 50 sit ups every day!
  • Spambo16
    Spambo16 Posts: 223 Member
    For challenge, I'd definitely be up for crunches, since I failed so miserably at squats. I also really like Pipsqueak's idea of abstaining from a trigger or problem food for the week. Along with Sarah's new exercise idea, maybe trying a new new vegetable or making a new healthy recipe.

Last night, I blew my streak of staying under calories, but the lure of campfire marshmallows with friends could not be denied. Seems like there ought to be a calorie burn rate for hours of laughing...

Onward to a new and lighter week for us all!
  • dfinnula
    dfinnula Posts: 24 Member
    Hi

I too am getting back on the wagon - did really well with the pre challenge and then blew it from day 1 til now :( - self sabotage back again.

So have printed off a wee chart for me to tick at home eachday (exercise and calorie counting) and am going to ask my children to keep me accountable - is beside their music practice chart.
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Well, today I was a bad girl, I went over my calorie goal by 92....I ate 2 oreos :bigsmile:

I will post my weight tomorrow...I want to weigh myself when I didn't snack at night...so tonight no snacks!! :grumble: , lol

No exercise this weekend....so back on the wagon tomorrow with the exercise....I don't know about ya'll but when hubby is home it is hard for me to put in a dvd and tell him to go in the other room....probably could do some other kind of exercise, but well....I just don't, my bad :noway:

Anyway, I just wanted to check in....I did the squat challenge...let me know what the next one is and I'll try and do that one as well...I like the exercise challenges, they make me work extra hard....

:drinker: here's to a good week everyone :drinker:
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    I was bad :) Went to Chuck E Cheese with the munchkins, ate unhealthy and didn't work out. But we had a great time! :smile:
  • Mary9921
    Mary9921 Posts: 100 Member
    Ok, 216....that's what I weigh today....I was 215 now 216....Oh well :grumble:
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    I lost 3 pounds and am very happy about that! But, I can't get my little ladybug to show the loss and that is frustrating. My diary shows my loss but the ladybug won't move. Any help? (I figured it was automatic)

By the way, no way I can do jumping jacks. Just one foot off the floor for me. What about real stairs?

BTW - none of you were BAD -- you are in a neverending game, here -- (metaphor). So, you lost a point or two. The courage and persistence to get back in the game are what counts. Yesterday's decisions mean nothing anymore. It is what you are going to do today that matters. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?
  • DaniKaren
    DaniKaren Posts: 79 Member
    I lost 3 pounds and am very happy about that! But, I can't get my little ladybug to show the loss and that is frustrating. My diary shows my loss but the ladybug won't move. Any help? (I figured it was automatic)

By the way, no way I can do jumping jacks. Just one foot off the floor for me. What about real stairs?

BTW - none of you were BAD -- you are in a neverending game, here -- (metaphor). So, you lost a point or two. The courage and persistence to get back in the game are what counts. Yesterday's decisions mean nothing anymore. It is what you are going to do today that matters. WHAT DO YOU DO NEXT?

To update your ticker, click on "APPS" at the top of the page, then "ticker", and the first option will say something like "update weight information".
  • 1efcahill
    1efcahill Posts: 18 Member
    DaniKaren -

Thanks! It worked!

Beth