The 10% lost thing...do you buy into it?

Options
All,

*I posted this on a few other PCOS/TTC sites, not sure how many people are on each. My apologies for the repeat.

Reading all these things on PCOS, PCOS diets, PCOS handbooks...etc. I find in all of them they eventually talk about how to self-regulate your hormones. More specifically, getting a regular cycle again. So many say that if you lose even 7%-10% of your weight may be all it takes.

Now, I don't know if that's "all it takes" but I know when I got down to my slimmest (about 207-212) i did start to have a more discernible cycle. Don't know if I'd call it regular, but was more than ever in my life. So much of me wishes I was there right now while ttc, rather than where I'm at currently.

Has anyone had anything like this happen when they've dropped weight? I know there's not magic number and we're all different, but I'm just curious.

Replies

• resilient86
    Options
    Hello! I was hoping this group was a little more active... but anyways!

Last year I went off of birth control for a while and wasn't having my period without it. Over the course of about 6 months, I lost 30 lbs and my cycle came back. I got back on birth control again though, and I eventually ended up gaining it all back. I think it's possible and it really depends on what you eat for the hormone balance. Just my two cents.

Good luck :drinker:
  • Deanna149
    Deanna149 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    for me it seems to be the magic weight of 260, if I'm over they stop, if under they start back somewhat (or don't end), this time losing weight is different tho, so things seem to be changing a little. I also have the insulin resistance and the dark patches, which are going away and sugars are averaging lower...I have lost 41 total from my highest weight, think everyone is a little different in how much they have to lose. but did start seeing positive changes around the 15-20 pounds lost.