Hello Everyone

Options
Victwapz
Victwapz Posts: 2 Member
I just wanted to say hello. I was using MFP to lose weight before but I am hoping now to use it to help me maintain my weight and keep an eye on my nutrition. I finished my first round of chemotherapy last week. So far I have pretty good blood counts and I am starting to get my energy back. I was diagnosed with neuroendocrine carcinoma but the source has yet to be identified. The tumor was in my fallopian tubes and I had the full open hysterectomy and then some so I am going with calling it ovarian for now.
I just thought it would be nice to meet some people in a similar situation so we can encourage each other. Especially around day 5 post Cisplatin when it seemed like all the happy was sucked out of the world.
But it's back now so I can prepare for the next round and be ready this time :)
Nice to meet you guys!

Vicky

Replies

• KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicky: I'm near the end, I hope, of my cancer journey. In April 2014 I was diagnosed with colon cancer and then followed by a diagnosis of lymphoma. I've had radiation and chemo for both, and surgery, and now I'm waiting on one more surgery. If I can offer you one thing, it is that 'this too shall pass'. Lots of it is pretty hard and painful, it is a clear memory to me how challenging the chemo was!
    You have to be a warrier to get through, I'm sending virtual hugs, you are not alone.
    Kim
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you Vicky. I too am starting this journey. Have the checked your pancreas? I have pancreatic cancer, diagnosed in April and have had 12 rounds of chemo so far. 3months of gemzar and abraxine and now on 3rd round of 5-fu. Just wanted to say STAY STRONG and NEGU. You got this. Kim sending good vibes your way too. NEGU