measurements

igottaworkout
igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
Hey,

I felt badly about how huge I am getting and decided to measure exactly where my gain has been. I'm actually pleasantly surprised, I didn't really get that much bigger except my waist of course.

before pregnancy At 33 weeks
Hips 36 37
waist 27 39
bust 36 36
thighs 21 21
upper arm 10.75 11

Only 7 weeks to go. I don't know why I'm feeling so badly about my body, but seeing the measurements are helping me not feel as bad, because really the gain is the baby in my center not everywhere else.

Replies

• kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    That's really good! I don't have before measurements but I can tell from the way clothes fit etc, that my gain is definitely in the bump and boobs. My rib cage has seriously spread though, so I'm thinking baby's lodged up there too. Great work and keep it up! Not too much more to go.
  • igottaworkout
    Thank you! :) I wish my boobs gained a bit but I guess they only gain once the milk kicks in. My baby still has not turned down yet and isn't in my rib cage yet.. I wonder when he will go into position. My sister is due in 4 weeks but she's having regular contractions today so her baby may come early..
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Yes even though I've gained more weight than I wanted to (32 pounds so far at 37 weeks) it seems like it's all out front and a bit on my hips and thighs. I have been taking measurements too and most of them are around the same and maybe a tad higher but it's mostly that I've lost the muscle definition. So I am optimistic that I can bounce back quicker!
  • igottaworkout
    Yes even though I've gained more weight than I wanted to (32 pounds so far at 37 weeks) it seems like it's all out front and a bit on my hips and thighs. I have been taking measurements too and most of them are around the same and maybe a tad higher but it's mostly that I've lost the muscle definition. So I am optimistic that I can bounce back quicker!

That is really encouraging isn't it? :) I didn't really think to measure until now and seeing it on paper really makes a difference in my optimism that it won't take forever to loose it again :) This pregnancy is different then my first three for sure :)
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    The only thing I measured was my baby bump. I was still 34 in waist pre-pregnancy since I didn't get it all off from having my son. It got to 47.5 inches at the end. I tend to gain most of my weight in my upper body the last trimester, but I didn't want to measure it...lol.