Welcome! Please introduce yourself

2»

Replies

• hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi, I am Holly. I keep starting and falling off exercise programs and I do so much better in a group where I feel accountable. It seems like every time I get going I jave an injury or illness and cant keep the momentum going. Right now I have a kidney stone that has hung around for 5 weeks. I go to the doctor Wed to see what needs to be done. I have been inconsistent and let the pain stop me a lot lately.

We leave for Hawaii in 5 weeks. I sit at my heavieat ever weight and had hoped to lose a good 50 to 60 lbs, but all I can do is do what I can and be healthier and in better ahape 5 weeks from now sp we can hike and surf.

I am doing Body Revolution. I am restarting week 2 so doing workout 1 and 2 this week. I am also doing the Couch25K 3 days a week. And the 30 day butt lift, which is a 10 minute workout every day. I am adding some weights for upper body and step ups on my tower with pushups and planks every other day. I am mainly digging onto the muscles I work in Body revolution but dont feel I am shredding and building with it alone. My husband and I walk 30 minutes every night.

I know it sounds like a lot, but running isnt every day and the weights I am doing are just 10 to 15 minutes extra. I am breaking up my workouts where i run first thing and do weights/ Body Revolution mid morning and then walk at night. We do swing dancing once a week instead of walking. On the weekends I am substituting a hike instead of the Body Revolution cardio.

I hope I can feel good enough to have a family photo that I dont have to crop. My son lives in Oahu so we dont get all my kids together often.

• Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    Hello everyone!

I recently turned 40 and have decided to jump back on the healthy wagon. I am hoping to lose 50 pounds (long term goal) but have many smaller goals.... just getting up each morning to work out this week is one so I'm hoping joining this group will help.

• AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Holly, welcome! I know I've run in to you in another thread but it was really nice getting to know you a bit more. Hawaii will be amazing and it sounds like once you kick the kidney stone to the curb that you'll be unstoppable. You are right now just by continuing through the workouts WITH a kidney stone. Awesome!!

Topaz, welcome welcome!! I hope this group will help you too! Get to know me and feel the pressure to show up! lol! It's been working for me too. I'm 41 and have roughly 40 pounds to lose. Glad to have you here!
  • Kattikabi
    Kattikabi Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there, my name is Kate, I am from Poland. Nowoadays I working a little bit and I am preparing form my cerfification exam connected with my job. I found working out in the morning extremely hard. I find out that starting slow helps. When I plan hard workout I am discouraged and often quit workout.