Gained weight using Charge HR

Options
13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I would also skip the dashboard and go to the Log - Activities tab, where it's all laid out in 5 min increments. Better than the 15 min the dashboard gives, and much wider viewing area.

I'm guessing you'll still have to back and forth between steps and HR and calorie burn to see if what you saw on Dashboard appears correct with easier view.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That's actually part of the problem... There is no HRM data available on the Log tabs. But yeah, that was the data that I was looking at, except for HR, which i have to pull off the dashboard tile.

I actually emailed Fitbit support to see if they planned on adding HRM data to the "Log - Heart" page but, in their typical fashion, they gave me two canned replies and then failed to answer me. :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Oh good grief. Another example of it not really being for the purpose of exercise, especially if you can't view that per minute or better logging of HR right then.
    That's the great way to tell if intervals are timed right, looking at HR differences between the peaks. And since that could be within 2 minutes, even the 5 min graph is useless - if it showed it.
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah, they've got a long way to go to make it a serious tool, and I'm really surprised at the lagging functionality given the supposed focus of the Surge.

Even the default API access doesn't provide granular data. You have to specifically request "partner access", and you have to promise to use the data for personal purposes only. If you want to create an app that's going to access the API then there are additional requirements (although I'm not sure what they are or if fees might be involved to cover bandwidth costs).

See: https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/Fitbit+Partner+API

ETA: Partner API does allow 1-minute granularity at least... Most of the general public isn't going to know how to use the API though.