Low Calorie Snacks

Options
Trying to think of some low calorie snacks - No nuts or seeds please

Any suggestions? Savoury or Sweet - although my sweet tooth seems to love 10 calorie Jelly pots at the moment.

Replies

• baxyboy
    baxyboy Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    For savoury I really like Velvet Crunch crisps -they're about 80-90 calories a bag and really nice (Cheddar Cheese & Onion flavour in particular).

Another snack I've started buying and keeping in my cupboard for when I'm feeling peckish is Special K biscuit moments - you get 2 in each pack for about 90 calories and they come in several different flavours. My faves are strawberry, and chocolate flavours (you can also get blueberry, caramel and raspberry ones).
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I like Graze snacks a lot. They're portion controlled so no worries about eating an entire bag—and it's always fun to get mail (post).
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Oh they all sounds nice and tasty options.

I thought about Graze box but I really don't like nuts and a lot of things seem to have them in.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Graze asks you to rate every snack, and they never, ever send anything you've marked "trash." (For me, that includes anything with raisins, dried cranberries, milk chocolate, or Brazil nuts.)
  • helsch007
    helsch007 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Low calorie snacks are a myth. One snacks with the intent to munch something in between and it has to be the most unhealthy and diet ruining food item to be had. I go for snickers mars bars or a ripple although I hate American chocolate. Also great snacks are ASDA chosen by you tortillas with a hellish salsa. Recently got me some lovely glutenfree cherry bakewells and chocolate brownies. And I never finish until the bag or the pack is empty or the salsa jar. The food diary serves as my angel on the left shoulder that records all the bad bits in life I do. It's quite overworked actually.
  • ChelleBelle2708
    ChelleBelle2708 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I don't believe snacking has to be bad and I don't wish to have chocolate or crisp for the time being at least. I just wish to choose something that is a little healthier when I'm stuck in the office late rather than rubbish, but thank you for your help.

Thank you Editorgrrl... I didn't realise thats how it worked. The portion sizes look good too as i only eat very small amounts these days. Think I will sign up and give it ago.
  • ch10e88
    ch10e88 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Nature valley tracker biscuits are good. Two biggish biscuits for 190cals. You can get lower call cereal bars but I find these really filling.

Ryvita thins are about 40cals each and come in loads of flavours. So they're good to keep at your desk in work.
  • loztandfound
    loztandfound Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Miso soup is awesome, salty and niiiiiiiiice, and the one I've found, in Sainsburys oriental aisle, is 18 calories per sachet..... om nom nom. Snacking does NOT have to be bad at all. I like simple stuff like carrot sticks and low fat houmus (can get little snack pots for about 37 cals each), and also, sounds random, but chop an apple and dip it into snack pots of philadelphia cheese - their light pots are not a million cals, and the cheese goes SO nicely with the apple. All healthy as well as yum! Then there's good old popcorn - go for topcorn or something like that, great flavours and quite filling too. Good luck and enjoy!
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I don't believe snacking has to be bad and I don't wish to have chocolate or crisp for the time being at least. I just wish to choose something that is a little healthier when I'm stuck in the office late rather than rubbish, but thank you for your help.

Thank you Editorgrrl... I didn't realise thats how [Graze] worked. The portion sizes look good too as i only eat very small amounts these days. Think I will sign up and give it a go.

You can eat anything in moderation and still lose weight. But I struggle with self-control when it comes to snacks. So I only keep single servings of ice cream at home, or (even better) walk to an ice cream shop in town. When I buy a bag of nuts, I immediately portion them into snack-sized Ziplock bags.

That's why I love Graze—one punnet = one serve. They also sell larger bags of 4–5 servings each, but that doesn't work for me. It'll take trial & error to find what works for you.