What's wrong with my shoe?

Options
2»

Replies

• lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I can only get about 250 miles out of most shoes...less if they are on the minimal side. I did stretch 260 out of my last pair of mizuno elixers but my knees did not appreciate it. That's my first sign that my shoes are getting ready to be done...the knee pain starts. I'm on the heavier side for a female runner (avg 150-160lbs) and I have a heavy foot fall (I'm working on that.) I can destroy the outer tread of shoes in no time.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I also notice that mine are getting to the end of their life when I get knee and ankle pains. I typically get about 400-450 miles per pair.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Unlike many above, I got 1000+miles out of my last pair of shoes. I pushed past 1100miles actually. I should have retired them a little sooner than I did, but I wasn't having any issues, until my last few runs. Last 100km if that. My next few pairs I'll happily keep going until I have a niggle appear. Hopefully I'll crank out over 1000miles on all my shoes. Though I think I'll be lucky to get 500miles out of my inonv-8's, but they do have a hard life.
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I usually get about 500 out of a pair before I start getting little aches and pains in my feet. I feel like the more minimal the shoe, the more miles I get out of them (less cushioning to wear down).