Day 97: 4/17/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
TGIF and one more weekend between us and the end of this challenge! Push through to the end everyone!

I hit my goals yesterday. Mr. Ting is away for a few days, so I kept myself busy with some extra working out last night.

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. short run & strength (legs & abs)

Replies

• Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! It's my day off and it's supposed to be +18, so hoping to get some good outside exercise. Take the dog for a good walk/run, maybe hit up some playgrounds to practice some OCR obstacles...monkey bars and climbing :)

Met all goals yesterday. Had 17,400 steps yesterday. Today's goals are simply:
    Stay within calories
    10,000+ steps
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!
    Wow, time sure flies by so fast, this challenge went by very quickly.
    Nice going SingRunTing! Kenda you're so awesome I can't find words to describe you!!
    Yesterday I was going to rest but the sun was bright, the air was warm and nature was calling so my daughter and I decided to hit the trail and hike to a remote park. To say it was fun would be an understatement :)
    Today is a very big day because it marks the end of my two weeks experiment. During the last two weeks I haven't used the scale and my food intake was set at 2700 calories :) I woke up today a bit nervous... My first though was that I gained like 10lb or something ... No, I gained a total of 2.6 lb in two weeks. This is great data for me. Assuming my metabolism is healthy and the weight isn't all water, I was over by 9100 calories. So in 14 days I was eating 650 extra calories, therefore my TDEE should be somewhere around 2050. Of course, I know that number is too low, based on my normal food intake over the last year but I'm here to play ball and I will do this right :) for the second part of my experiment, I will drop calories by 500 and see what happens then :) this science stuff is so exiting!!!!
    Have a fabulous day everyone!!!
  • krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was alright. My knee is still bothering me but I was back at the gym yesterday. I did a light 20 minute elliptical workout and it felt fine but if I tried to crank up the resistance to much it protested. Then I did my weights routine. This was the best part. I just started doing it again last week and I was using 8lb dumb bells. Yesterday I was doing it and they were too light so I had to upgrade to 10lbs for all my exercises except 1. Also my abs didn't protest at all when I was doing my sit-ups which was a weird thing. All those were good things but then my eating got off last night. I need to have a meal ready for me when I get home from the gym so I don't just eat whatever is around.

Goals for today:
    1. Stay under calories(going to grandma's house so this might be tricky)
    2. Enjoy the rest day.
    3. Water
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Can't believe how close we are to the end of this challenge. Glad it's continuing.

For this week I decided to go back to TDEE method rather than eating back calories on workout days, and changed my number to one that I think is a bit (not a huge amount) lower than what I was averaging in a week before. After experimenting, I found that I really do prefer not having to worry about workout calories--for me, it messes me up as I start thinking in terms of how many calories I'm burning in the workout and whether it's "enough" vs. what I actually want to accomplish. It started off a big rocky, but by the end of the week I know it was definitely the right choice, I feel like everything is just a lot easier.

Today's goals: (1) get in a bit of an extra workout (sprints, perhaps) in addition to my regular Friday pilates class; (2) get my emissions test and license plate renewal (half done); and (3) stay within calories (this will be challenging since I'm going out for dinner, but unlike most places I go there are calories for this one, so it's doable!).
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I lost 1lb in 1 week. I cut 150 calories day, and pushed myself a little harder in my workouts, I also tried to get 10,000 steps in everyday (which wasn't that hard because I'm a runner). I went from losing less than half a pound a week to 1! It took me the whole challenge to figure out how to lose weight. I will be ready for the next one! :smile: