Let's Get To Know One Another A Bit Better

Options
danamariers
danamariers Posts: 155 Member
Hello All,

Hopefully everyone has enjoyed their weekend- the Canadian prairies were rainy but still a delightful time.

So let's all get to know one another as only MFP could ask- what's your favourite way to work out? Is it weights that make you smile? The treadmill that tickles your fancy? Are you an athlete competing in a certain sport?

I'll start: my favourite fitness activities are belly dancing and the other is lifting weights. Love it! Love to perform, love the costuming, the fun I have with my gals I have on stage. That being said I also love the challenge that lifting weights brings, the mental focus required, and I love the results. Being strong is awesome!

Happy Sunday to all :)

Replies

• hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I love to take classes at the gym! The weirder the name the better! I don't know what it is to be working out along side fellow class takers with the music pounding through the speakers above and the instructor yelling encouraging words as you plow through the class. I also enjoy jogging on the treadmill... only because it amazes me to see how much progress I've made over the past 6 months. I could bare walk/jog, now I can run 6 mph for 15 minutes straight!
  • kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i love weight machines and classes and recumbent bike at the gym. at home i love to dance!
  • kimee1909
    kimee1909 Posts: 7
    Options
    I love the gym, especially the treadmill & rower, but I also like to do sit ups! I like taking classes at the gym, but the gym I'm at doesn't do them at the mo!

I used to do Zumba which I loved too but then I joined the gym & couldn't afford to do both! I have Zumba for the wii but when you have moved back in with your parents to save for a house & a wedding its a little bit difficult to just put it on as its not your house or telly!
  • mfrank09
    mfrank09 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I turned my basement into a workout central. So I do lots of workout videos, to keep it interesting! Mixing in dancing, kickboxing, kettle bell and zumba. I just have to keep myself motivated to do it! I'm loosing 84 lbs by my wedding 6/7/14!!! Keeping positive!
  • YellowNightingale
    YellowNightingale Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I love doing Yoga. I am not flexible in the slightest, but with yoga I can see myself changing every day that I do it. Reaching a little further, bending a little further, etc. and it is an instat gratification