Week 2 - April 20 to April 26

shirayne
shirayne Posts: 263 Member
Alrighty!

Everyone ready for week 2???

Fitness: This week we're doing WALL SITS! We're going to be doing one set of 3 per day. Here's a link to show you how. There's also a modified version in case of knee/joint sensitivity. So try 30 seconds, rest, and then repeat twice more. On day 2, add 5-10 seconds (whatever you're comfortable with. Let's burn those thighs folks! Now just to up the ante a little, let's do these in 3 different places again with at least one of them outside! :)

Food: If there's one thing I don't like, it's warm pineapple. I don't like it on my pizza and although I'll cook a ham with it, I won't eat the pineapple once it's done. BUT... surely there are some fruits that taste great warm (or hot) so let's try this! Three times this week, incorporate any fruit you like with the main course of your meal. Perhaps a fruit-based sauce on some broiled meat? Your choice and good luck!

Caroline

Replies

• Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    I'm in! My knees may appreciate wall sits more than bouncing weight on them! LOL And though I'm not a fan of fruit and meat, could I incorporate the fruit into say oatmeal or with my sweet potato?
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    I am in. Also I am a big fan of fruit so I am in for the food this week as well!
  • Jinx_Mo
    I GOT it!! Warmed up some mango pieces in a saucepan today, with about a tsp of olive oil and then mashed them up a little and put them on my sweet potato... ummm YUMMM!!!!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Oh, and wall sits day one was a painful and embarrassing success... embarrassing because my big butt slid all the way down the wall the first time :::sigh:::
  • Hippychick5983
    I did the wall sits yesterday.......but....I did them after doing 20min of aerobics soooo.....yeah that was painful lol! Today I will do them before I do my work out.

This morning I had egg whites with a side of strawberry halves and some cantaloupe. Yummy!
  • shirayne
    You gals are rocking this! Dinner tonight for me is sourdough bread with mascarpone cheese, warm blueberry sauce and brie cheese, topped with arugula! I can't wait!

As for my wall sits, I forgot them yesterday... I'll do an extra day of them this week!

By the way, if you guys have any ideas for the challenges, let me know! I'm happy to incorporate them!
  • Jinx_Mo
    blueberry sauce and brie... I'm coming to your house for dinner! I'm saving my wall sits for tomorrow because my quads hate me right now! LOL I didn't manage any warm fruit today, but I'm on the hunt. Google, here I come!!!
  • Jinx_Mo
    I'm not normally a recipe poster, but this just sounded perfect for our challenge...
    Warm chicken salad and fruit

Ingredients

2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
    3/4 lb. chicken breast strips for stir-frying
    1/3 cup rice vinegar
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
    2 tablespoons honey
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    4 cups torn mixed salad greens
    1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes
    1/2 cantaloupe, rind removed, flesh cut into wedges

Step 1
    Heat oil in medium skillet or wok over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken strips; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add vinegar, thyme, honey and salt; mix well. Cook and stir just until thoroughly heated and well blended. Remove from heat.

Step 2
    Line 4 salad bowls or plates with salad greens. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with grapes and cantaloupe wedges.

Serves 4 - 300 calories per serving, 90 calories from fat
  • Hippychick5983
    hmmmm.....that sounds yummy! Thank you for sharing!

I did not do my wall sits yesterday. My knees are bothering me. I am going to try and get them in today and maybe add an extra one each day to make up for. See how the knees go.

I had my yougurt this morning and added fresh blueberries. Yummy stuff!
  • shirayne
    OK! Wall sites have been done at work in the hallway... luckily no one walked by LOL and also up against my house. I've got my two other fruit recipes ready to go... we'll probably have them tomorrow night and Sunday night. :) How is everyone else doing?
  • Hippychick5983
    LOL Yesterday I did my wall sits at work in the hallway too. My co-worker was there and we just chatted as I did them.

Today I have a Strawberry and Banana smoothie. Yuuuuum. I had to get it at work. I really need a blender so I can make my own. So good.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Mmm banana strawberry smoothie. That does it, I'm making one today! Wall sits done yesterday in the garage and today against the wall at work while I was waiting on someone. One of the guys at work caught me and said, "Hey, are you ok?" I just laughed and told him I was stretching tired muscles...LOL
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    I have been slacking on posting...Ever feel like your life is spinning out of control? The Semester is about to wrap up and work is getting in the way. The night before last we had turkey burgers with fried pineapple and a bit of bar-b-q sauce. It was a big hit with the whole Family!

Last night was supposed to be the pear salad but it got too crazy and we had pizza...*shrug* at least I'm getting my walking in
  • shirayne
    Hi guys! Tonight was my second fruit recipe. We had moroccan chicken with dried fruit, olive, and white white served on couscous. Delish!!! Wall sits I struggled with this week but I did them once at work in the hallway (seems to be a trend lol) and didn't get caught! LOL The others at home.

New challenges coming tomorrow! Don't forget I'd love your ideas!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Ugh.. wall sits were a no go today, but I did get some warm peaches over ice cream... yeah, bad eating day :::sigh:::
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    Last night I made Cuban Picadillo and it was supposed to have raisins in it but someone in the house ate them all (at least that someone wasn't me