Protein bars

Options
13»

Replies

• mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Bikrchk- those quinoa chips are BOMB. So good! I do have to be careful to measure 1 oz but to be honest it's a big portion for me, and the protein keeps me satisfied. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I also went out and bought the BBQ quinoa chips and they are really good! Thanks for the tip :)
  • OhhSusannah
    OhhSusannah Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    With all the good reviews about quest bars, I purchased 2 boxes of assorted bars (24 total) without ever trying one. Big mistake. I don't like the texture. I love it that they have so much protein, but after trying just one, the texture turned me off right away. Wonder if I can grate them up and mix with granola or something. Has anyone got any ideas? I think I have most all the flavors.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    With all the good reviews about quest bars, I purchased 2 boxes of assorted bars (24 total) without ever trying one. Big mistake. I don't like the texture. I love it that they have so much protein, but after trying just one, the texture turned me off right away. Wonder if I can grate them up and mix with granola or something. Has anyone got any ideas? I think I have most all the flavors.

Try and pop them in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. That really helps with the texture. There are also a bunch of recipes on the Quest website for things you can do with them.
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Here is a link to some quest bar recipes. You can also bake them into cookies. http://www.swansonvitamins.com/blog/chelsea/26-quest-bar-recipes-cheatclean They have a lot more on their website

If you are looking for better option chips, I like simply 7 quinoa chips and Healthsmart pickle flavored protein krinkles. Not as much protein as quest chips but taste much better
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I baked Quest lemon creme bars last night - they were really good - better than eating just so! I was like a cookie! Cut the bar in half and then cut the half in quarters (flattened a little) and baked at 400 degrees for 6 mins
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    joysie1970 wrote: »
    I baked Quest lemon creme bars last night - they were really good - better than eating just so! I was like a cookie! Cut the bar in half and then cut the half in quarters (flattened a little) and baked at 400 degrees for 6 mins

Hmmmmm. I am going to need to try this!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thaeda wrote: »
    joysie1970 wrote: »

Hmmmmm. I am going to need to try this!

They tell me the cookie dough ones are the best - didn't try those yet :)