Almond milk protein shake

Options
Lauracharder
Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
i just ordered 21 day fix and am eager to get started. My question is since i didnt order any shakeology can I use fitmiss protein shakes? Also, i don't like using water i like almond milk in them. So does that mean my protein shake is a red AND a yellow?

Replies

• jpkrueger
    jpkrueger Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    If you use unsweetened almond milk, it's only 30 calories so personally I wouldn't worry about it. You could do half water half almond milk to reduce the calories.

I'm doing Shakeology so I don't know the answer to your other question but I'm sure others are using other shakes.

Good luck, you've come to the right place!
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Technically, if you look at the Food Guide, unsweetened almond milk costs 1Y but I've heard plenty of people say they do 1/2 almond milk and 1/2 water and don't count it.

Also, according to the Food Guide, if you use another protein powder, it costs more than Shakeology. I'm assuming the logic is that many protein powders have added sugar and more fat than Shakeology. But my protein powder is lower in calories and carbs and has more protein so I stick with it. Yes, I know Shakeology has other things in it that make it far more nutrient dense than a mere protein shake. But I only have a protein shake when I am having a low appetite day. It doesn't happen often but every now and again, the very thought of food is just too much. Usually because I'm not awake enough to think about food. LOL!
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    I don't think I've had a low appetite day in my life :(
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @jpkrueger I actually had to put my children on a feeding schedule when they were little because I'd forget to eat. I know that sounds horrible but they obviously survived my inability to listen to my own hunger and know it was time for lunch, dinner, etc. Yesterday was a low-hunger day for me. I managed to get all of my containers in without breaking out the protein powder. But I admit, I love those protein powders on days when I'm looking at my containers, knowing dinner will only fill so many of them and I'm trying to figure out what to have to fill the final few.
  • jpkrueger
    Options
    Update on using almond milk for the shakes - I started a new thread.

@SatiaRenee very interesting, even though I can't relate.
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Starting tomorrow! :)