Habit Challenge for the rest of April 2015

AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Since I really don't know what I'm doing, I'm just jumping in here and running with it. We will fine tune as we go and pick up momentum. Keep track of the challenges you complete. We'll work solely on the honor system, however proof in pictures is encouraged!

Post in this thread as you complete the daily challenges. Modify to suit your needs and if necessary, switch the challenges around to fit your schedule. Have fun! Winners will be those that complete the most challenges and they will get to help set the challenges for the next round. (Like I said, still figuring this all out)

April 19 Set your workout clothes out the night before!
April 20 Spend 10-15 minutes stretching after your workout
April 21 Take a 15 minute walk at lunch or after dinner
April 22 Using good form, hold a plank for as long as you can. Write it down!
April 23 Do as many pushups to failure. Report here how many! Squat instead if you have wrist issues.
April 24 Do five sun salutations as soon as you wake up, AFTER you get out of bed.
April 25 Think of one powerful mantra to repeat to yourself today. Repeat it 5 times on the top of every hour during your work day.
April 26 Increase your plank hold by 10 seconds
April 27 Check your water intake. Aim to increase it by one glass or bottle. Bonus points if none of your beverages have added sugar of any kind in them today!
April 28 Be in bed a half hour early
April 29 Increase your plank hold by another 10 seconds
April 30 Wall Sit! Record your max!

*Of course #allthedisclosures #notapersonaltrainer or #notadoctor

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Great challenges!
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    I love it. I will be joining in from today, and will have a full stretch after my Jillian Michaels DVD tonight.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Happy Monday everyone! I did a yoga workout this morning but not enough oomph for Jillian, so that will be tonight when I get home from work. I'm not going to dread it all day...not going to dread it. It's going to be fun and awesome!
  • I like the challenges, Amee !!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    I had most of my workout stuff ready to go for this morning. Does it still count as done if I either forgot to put my socks out or perhaps they walked off with one of the cats? :)

Today's workout was Fire 45 and the 10 minute stretch dvd, so that worked out nicely for today's challenge. I'm planning a little more stretching later on as well; my back is so tight today for some reason.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    edited April 2015
    Today I did a 3 mile run/walk treadmill workout followed by Day 1, Level 1 of the 30-Day Shred. Finished up with 10 minutes of stretching. I was pretty beat!!!
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    You guys are all doing awesome today!!! So far all I have done today is working in the garden for not even half an hour. I guess I better get moving!! :)
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    I had a 1 hr step class that included 10 mins of stretching, but when I got home I did another 15 mins of gentle stretches. Hopefully the extra stretches will help with the DOMS tomorrow.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Today did not go as planned. :s But, I think I can get away with my morning yoga session counting as stretching. I cleaned out the garage, so cardio? haha! You guys did great! Tomorrow is a short walk. Hopefully that will fit into everyone's schedule!

Bookworm, did you find that sock?
  • morty1966
    I'm having time zone issues here. I'm just going to bed on Tuesday night, and tomorrow I will be doing a plank in the morning (Wednesday's challenge). So those of you in the U.S. Are still in daytime Tuesday, is that right?
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Yes, Tuesday afternoon, Arizona time here ~ got my walk (steps) in plus JMBR day 2 and swimming exercises :-) this was a good day, have to thank all of you for motivating me!
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    I walk the dogs every day for like 45 mins.... So kinda cheated that one.... But I also did my JMBR Cardio 1.... Some how it's not seaming to get any easier.... But I still have it for the rest of the month...
  • AmeeSandhu
    Morty, you just get extra time to do the challenges! ;)

Phoebe, that thank you goes right back atcha!

Muery, I had to laugh. Her cardio sessions are rough, aren't they?! I'm running instead. I think I'm the one that's kind of cheating.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Planking on Wednesday!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Got the walk done. It was before lunch. Hope that still counts. Plank tomorrow!
  • morty1966
    I'm going to give this challenge a miss. I do really like it but it's making me stressed! I shall focus on the changes I'm making which are big enough right now. Thanks Amee for thinking of the challenges.
  • I will get my planks in at this morning's Pilates class, we hold elbow plank for 3 minutes, then go directly to full plank for 3 minutes.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    As usual I am a day (or 3) late and a dollar short. But I did lay my workout clothes out last night, and I did my run this morning! Yay! I will also do the walk at lunch and a plank tonight to catch up. Great ideas, Amee!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Hoya, I'm glad you're joining us! I just did my plank. 52 seconds! I thought I could make it to 30 but that was about it. I could have probably held on to 60 seconds but there was not a million dollars on the line. ;)
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    day 3 today JMBR and did my planking too for today