Day 100!!! 4/20/15

Options
SingRunTing
SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
Congrats, we made it!!

I hope that everyone hit some new goals in the past 100 days, whether you hit your weight goal or not. Please check out and add to the success thread "what did 100 days do for you". I hope to see everyone in the next challenge that starts tomorrow!

I did not hit my weight goal for this challenge. I came close, but between some DOMS today and my TOM starting, I'm retaining a lot of water. I think without the water retention I would have hit it though.

I also had a NSV yesterday. Ran my first 5k of the year in 33:07. My fastest time last year was 39:06, so I took 6 minutes off my PR! It felt amazing!

Goals for today:
1. stay within calories
2. 10,000 steps
3. 20 min run & yoga
4. Celebrate completing this challenge!!

Replies

• krp97
    krp97 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Good job SingRunTing!! 6 minutes is crazy and a great accomplishment!

I'm retaining water too thanks to TOM and I think if I wasn't I would be down 4 lbs from my start weight. No where near where I wanted to be but I have learned so much that will carry me on to the next challenge so I will be successful.

Goals for today:
    1. Hit the gym after school for last 100 days workout!!
    2. Stay within calories.
    3. Finish school project.
    4. 10,000 steps (I'm missing 5 hours of steps because I forgot Fitbit at home and won't get it until lunch. Ugh)

Good luck everyone!! Enjoy your last day!!
  • danelutza19
    danelutza19 Posts: 2,025 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good morning champions!!!!
    SingRunTing your accomplishment is amazing! When you get to be better than your old self you truly win!!!!
    I took out the scale this morning for our final milestone and I was pleasantly surprised to have dropped 2.6lb since Friday :) of course this is due to getting down to 2200 calories after eating 2700 calories for two weeks and it's mostly water weight.
    Challenge wise, I lost 78% of my goal weight and accomplished 100% of my performance dreams!!!!
    Taking a moment each day to post on this thread is helping me so much to keep my head in the game. Being part of a group of wonderful people that share this journey is always inspiring!!!
    Thank you everyone for being here!
    Today's plans revolve around hard training, another session with a personal trainer, celebration for this awesome challenge and preparation for the next challenge.
    I feel like I have grown so much in these last 100 days that I can't even wait to see how much better I will be once the next 100 days come around.
    Have a fabulous day Team100!!!!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Congrats, SingRunTing!

Well, I feel like I mostly treaded water during the second half of this challenge, but getting some practice maintaining a perfectly fine weight for me isn't the end of the world, even if I would like to lose some more fat. And getting to be part of this challenge and meet some of you regular participants has been rewarding also.

As far as accomplishments, I've been more dedicated to regular strength training during this period than in the past and although I'm somewhat frustrated at my slow progress I did hit a new back squat PR over the weekend (NSV!) and show myself how much I've improved on my military press (3x3 at 50 lbs, but you should see where I started!).

My big squat goal is being able to squat weights equal to my bodyweight, and on Sunday I did 115 lbs, which was a jump of 10 lbs over what I'd done before (I hadn't tried pushing myself in a while). I think I could do more, but I always get scared when it starts getting heavy and I did notice a little falling off of the form between 110 and 115, so stopped there. My current weight is 125, so I had been thinking I'd probably hit 120 lb squats and actual weight around the same time (that's my weight goal), but now I think I'm likely to get to the 125 lb squats sooner. Which is okay!

Goals today: mostly take it easy, get in a run home from work (have a half marathon this weekend), and figure out my goals for the next 100 days!
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Awesome job SingRunTing, huge time improvement I'm jealous. Lol
    Didn't make my weight goal due to being overly aggressive at beginning. But I achieved a lot over the past 100 days and have a more realistic sustainable weight goal going forward. I'm just a tad over my maintenance goal so I'm very close. It's been a fantastic 100 days and looking forward to the next 100.
    Today's goals are simple as I was woken up at 3:00 am with a migraine so feeling pretty shaky this morning so will keep things pretty calm today.
    Watch calories
    Walk later
  • balancedwalker
    balancedwalker Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    SingRunTing, danelutza19, and 100 Days team, you all are awesome.