If you could change 1 thing about yourself, what would it be?

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Greetings ladies, not sure if it is morning, afternoon or evening where you are so will just greet you. Today, I decided it would be good to start this discussion because we all are Christian women and know that we are not perfect, the only one who can claim to be perfect is Jesus. I know we all have our failings and weaknesses and by sharing just one of them, and praying over it, we can be on the road to a being a better woman, mother, sister, daughter, friend and Christian.

For me today I took a look at myself and to be honest I saw some things I don't like about myself. The worse is I complain a lot. Not as much as the Israelites did but still its a lot. My latest is complaining about the girl that works for be because she is driving me mad. I have complained to my husband instead of to God. She is only acting the way she is because I am not telling her to stop so I'm more to blame. Any way, God promised to make a way where there seems to be no way so I better just let Him make a way for me and stop complaining so much. I almost used all this to cheat on the diet I am on and waste my husband's money he spent on me. I chose today to move forward and try not to complain or use it as an excuse.

Please jump into the discussion and feel free to share and help each other.

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    For things I can't really change but would like to change - I would have thicker hair. :)
    For the things I can change (with God's help) that I need to continue to pursue - There are definitely times that I need to count to 10 more when speaking to my husband and I need to pray more while counting. :o
  • TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Leaning more on God in situations rather than letting myself overcome with worry and stress. I know I should give it to God and he always comes through but I have been a worrier as long as I can remember.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Another worrier here. I am terrible at taking time to be with God at all, and when I am stressed, it's like it doesn't even enter my mind to turn to Him a lot of the time. So for me, spending time with Him is what I need to improve on.
  • lgies2758
    lgies2758 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wish I could snap my fingers and become disciplined. That's my downfall. I could accomplish all my goals if only I could stick to it. My quiet time, dieting, exercise, household chores. But God doesn't work that way. He's all about the process