Psychiatric medication and VSG for those who have talked to their doctor

Options
jessicadb2
jessicadb2 Posts: 57 Member
I am on Lamictal, Lexapro, and klonopin for major depressive disorder. Any of you have a similar experience and needed to keep using those medications after surgery? Were they still affective?

Replies

• cecyg
    cecyg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on Lexapro. I had actually stopped taking Lexapro before having surgery. But my anxiety came back. Yes, Lexapro is still affective. For me at least. I don't know about the other meds.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wellbutrin user here :) I weaned off prior to surgery because the pills are slow release and giant (can't cut them up). I started ramping them back up post op once cleared for all food. Works exactly the same as preop
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been on Lexapro for about 14 months, and I'm 5 months past surgery. No issues with it and I continue to take it.

I would ask your therapist and your surgeon's office if they have experience with people on those meds (and that combination of meds) and what to expect. Will there be be any slow-release issues like the Welbutrin, dosage issues with absorption, dosage issues as weight changes, etc...