Daily Check In - April - Tuesday 21st - Sun 26th

Options
AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
Jillian Michael's Body Revolution, Workout 1, Week 1 is in the books for me! 12 Weeks and I'm NOT going to restart the program because something didn't go perfectly. (Struggling perfectionist here.)

For funsies, I used both my fitbit and my newly recharged Polar F6 to track my calorie burn. My Polar said the half hour workout was 265 calories and my fitbit just gave me 0 calories. Hmm...I must not have done that correctly.

In other good news, I've figured out what the plus sign does on the MFP app on my phone. Took me awhile? :*

What do your workouts look like today? Did you notice that there wasn't an official check-in thread for Monday? Shhhhhh

Remember to go check out the April Challenge thread. Today is just a short little walk!

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    lol i did notice! :tongue: I ran about 6.5 miles this morning, and will get in the 30 minute fix workout in a few hours (working from home has major perks!)
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Nice job Amee and Michelle!!!

I got in a 3 mile run this morning. Felt pretty good. I will complete day 2 of the 30 Day Shred later this afternoon.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!

Today is a light day for me, so I might talk Hubby into taking a walk to the lake with me a little later.

Keep up the good work!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    lol i did notice! :tongue: I ran about 6.5 miles this morning, and will get in the 30 minute fix workout in a few hours (working from home has major perks!)

Swine! Or as the cool kids say, awesome! Sorry, phone has it's own mind.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    rlstepp29 wrote: »
    Nice job Amee and Michelle!!!

I got in a 3 mile run this morning. Felt pretty good. I will complete day 2 of the 30 Day Shred later this afternoon.

Rlstep, great job!

Bookworm. ..i dare you to! ;)
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I hope to finish getting the ground ready for this stupid garden today. I also would like to take an extra 2,000 steps over my typical 10,000 on my fit bit. I feel kinda down and unmotivated today so maybe I will force myself to take a long walk. Great job everyone!!!
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just finished day 2 body revolution and will do swimming exercises and getting extra "steps" in pool with my vivofit :-)
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    Kicked off the day with a Barre class this morning, then a Hatha Yoga, and Pilates class this evening. Completely forgot daily challenge !!!!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Chrisi, Phoebe, Bill...nice work! Bill, we will forgive you. By the looks of things, you didn't need the challenge to motivate you.

Chrisi, your typical 10000 steps a day? That's awesome! I've been hitting ten k but only on the days that I run. Looking forward to increasing my distance and getting even more steps in like you!
  • Womaniamnew
    Womaniamnew Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Day 3 of Chalene extreme done. Got up at 4am started my workout at 4:16 was done by 5am.117ivsevux2y.jpg
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    Day 3 of Chalene extreme done. Got up at 4am started my workout at 4:16 was done by 5am.117ivsevux2y.jpg
    Yaaaay, you are doing great !!!

• hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all are doing great. I can't imagine getting up at 4 am, that's fantastic! I got up at 5 (which is a struggle for me) and ran three miles on the treadmill (well, ran/walked). I just saw the challenges, so I'm going to catch up on those today and tomorrow--luckily I had already laid my clothes out last night. And it did really help, so I plan to make that one a habit. Next morning workout is Friday; hopefully I will keep on going!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Tamikka, awesome job! I have Chalean Extreme too. That's a good one!

Hoya, jump right in!! I agree, 4am and 5am are both struggles for me.

I got up this morning when I really didn't want to. My sleep was not the best, but I have some ideas to fix that for tonight. I did my JM BR workout 2 this morning. I'll run after work. About to go do my plank for the challenge.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

Great job! I ordered that program and should get it Friday. I'm planning to work it into my routine next week.

I got up at 5 to get my Turbo Fire 30 and Sculpt 30 in today, and followed that up with some avocado egg salad for breakfast. I'll get my planking done for the challenge this evening!

You're all doing great!

• michellemybelll
    Options
    got my 6.5ish mile run in this morning, and going to press play within the hour on day 10 of the 21DF: lower body fix
  • phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    just got my JMBR day 3 and planking done for today,,,leaving for work...feel good that I didn't leave it for tonite :-)
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    Chrisi, Phoebe, Bill...nice work! Bill, we will forgive you. By the looks of things, you didn't need the challenge to motivate you.

Chrisi, your typical 10000 steps a day? That's awesome! I've been hitting ten k but only on the days that I run. Looking forward to increasing my distance and getting even more steps in like you!

Yes, 10,000 steps a day is pretty typical but I have four kids including one year old twins so to say my life is pretty active is an understatement. Usually I average 12,000 to 14,000 steps a day. I want to get my goal up to 15,000 so that it will actually be a challenge.
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Forgot to log yesterdays exercise on this discussion.... but I did a 45 minute dog walk and I did JMBR Cardio 1. Tonight I have my customary dog walk and a 1 hr Step Class.
    When I was wearing my pedometer I was averaging about 12000 steps a day, long dog walk plus a 20 min lunch walk went a long way towards hitting those numbers.
    Womaniamnew, I tried so hard to get up at 4 am to do morning workouts, I am in awe of you for that early morning time!!!!!! I have to leave home by 5:30 to make it to work by 6, I was wondering what time you get to bed at night? I really would love to be able to fit in an extra workout in the morning, but I can't ever seem to get my lazy, sleep-loving butt out of bed when the alarm goes off at 4am, the bed is just too darn comfortable lol. Any secrets to share?

You are all doing an awesome job!
    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Did my treadmill run this morning and plank for the April Challenge. Still need to do Day 3 of 30 Day Shred. I'll do that later this afternoon.

I'm so impressed with how great everyone is doing!!!
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    :happy:
    kpkd685csb0x.jpg