Gall bladder Issues

Options
TappiGabi
TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
Did anyone have gall bladder issues after surgery? What were your symptoms and what did you end up having done?

Replies

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I lost 94 lbs a couple years ago (pre vsg) and then had to have my gallbladder out. I was having pain on my right side. I would get all flushed and sweaty. When they did the scan, it was full of stones. I opted for the surgery and it went fine. No issues with eating after although some people have problems with fats especially right after surgery. The surgeon said my gallbladder probably hadn't functioned in quite a while. I chose to have the surgery before the symptoms got worse and it ended up as an emergency. It was done laproscopic on an outpatient basis. I had it on Thursday and was back at work on Monday.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I lost lots of weight prior to WLS and my gallbladder went too, I had pain in the center of my back and was nauseous constantly. Flushed too. I also ended up with pancreantitis at the same time, so my symptoms were probably not the same as everyone else's but a quick hydascan I think it's called can tell if it's your gallbladder. It's a quick surgery and I also didn't have any issues with food after.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Mine had to be removed in 2012, two years after vsg. Right side pain with nausea and vomiting, also hurt between my shoulder blades. One odd thing was the ultrasound of my gallbladder was read to be normal. Surgeon decided that because of symptoms it needed to come out. It was full of stones and was solid white! Not normal at all! Anyway, trust what your body is telling you, not a test!