Praying For Our Husbands

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
I don't know if you are aware of this but in the Indian tradition ( in India), the women of the house gather together and decide on a time of prayer (not Christian) for their husbands. On that first day they get their tradition offerings and light a candle and circle it around their husbands (facing them, bringing their hands in a circle with the offerings and lit candle). When all is finished the husband will, if he accepts the prayer, give his wife bread, with his own hand, to eat. That is non-Christians. What do we Christian women do?

Too often we complain, nag, torment, shout, demand and disrespect. Have we forgotten that a wife should first submit to her husband and a man should first love??

Colossians 3:18-19 NIV
. Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.

Ask yourself when was the last time you prayer for your husband? Answer yourself honestly because God hears your thoughts and knows all. I know sometimes its hard to submit or even pray for your husband when he is behaving in a "boyish, childish, selfish" way but as his wife it is your duty to respect, honour, love and obey him and above all pray for him. Trust me, I have been the worst wife at times and wanted to walk many times but God changed my heart and taught me to listen to my husband because if I like it or not, God made him the head and not me.

Genesis 3:16 NIV To the woman he said, “I will make your pains in childbearing very severe; with painful labor you will give birth to children. Your desire will be for your husband, and he will rule over you.”

I'm speaking from almost 14 years of marriage that has had its ups and downs. The one thing I don't want is for marriages to break up after fighting so hard for mine all these years. Whatever I can do to help others build and restore their marriages then I will do. Even if I am 50,000 miles away. I made a promise to God and I will not break it.

I'm not saying you should be a doormat for your husband to walk on, God forbid, if you are thinking that I am that type then you are wrong. The blessing you will get from serving you husband well as a good wife is greater than you will ever realise. Yes you will want to shout, scream and talk back to him but it solves nothing. In fact, take if from me, it can make things far worse.

Proverbs 12:4 NIV
A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones.

Proverbs 14:1 NIV. The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down
Proverbs 18:22 NIV He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the Lord .

Best thing to do, especially for you younger women and those who are yet to marry, is to keep quiet while he shouts and insults you, when he is finished ask nice and calmy if you can leave the room, go on you knees, whether in person or in the spirit, and cry to your Father in Heaven. No one on earth can help you. Take it from me that the person you tell your problems to can even use it against you. Turn to God and you will see changes in your husband. Trust me on this.
Above all, pray for him. Pray for God to touch his heart, to heal him, to protect him and to bless him. You will see the results. Sometimes you might notice you are not getting the things you need, that includes losing weight because you are bitter, unforgiving and harbouring grudges against your husband. Let it all go and you will see good results in every aspect of you life including your weight. Sometimes its you and not your husband that needs to change. God can do anything so always ask his council first.
Ask anyone who is married a long time and they will say the same thing as me.

Sorry for the long discussion but I feel God put it on my heart to share and disobedience is not at all good.

God bless you all.

(Feel Free to copy and share with anyone you feel may need this).

Replies

• TamiJo1004
    TamiJo1004 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Amen. Thank you for sharing. God has a way of putting things on our hearts that we ourselves need to pay attention to or to boost someone needing those words. I know I don't pray for my spouse nearly enough
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Father, bring healing to Jim today and strength to get through his day at work. Thank you.
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    My husband hasn't been feeling well and has gone in to hospital. Suspected maleria and typhoid. I seriously think that's its the food the stupid girl that is helping me her has given him.
    Father God, please take care of him, please heal him and keep him safe. I plead the Blood of Jesus over him as he journeys to the hospital and during his treatment there. Father please keep his mother safe and well and keep her from worrying about her son. Holy Spirit stay with my husband and heal him, comfort him. Jesus take away his pain and hold his hand. Please take care of him for me and return him to me safely. By your strips he is healed.
    In the precious name of Jesus, in His victory over sin and death at Calvary I claim his healing. Lord grant him Wisdom to know when he rest more and when to speak. Annoint his head and keep him from evil. Lord I pray for his Safety going to the hospital, while he is there, in his treatment and on his journey back to us. I pray for his Healing and Health.
    In the mighty name of Jesus, I pray
    Amen
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I have been married for 24 years in July, and although i know I should pray for my husband I get busy with life and don't even think to do it. I do worry about him a lot since he has way too many things on his plate and rarely gets enough rest.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    God, bring peace to my husband's heart as he goes through this time of change and stress at work. Please flood his soul with your presence. Help him to remember that you have it all under control and that You will lead and guide him in his life and that You will always walk with him.