Food Creations

Options
2»

Replies

• sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    0md6tgrze898.jpg
    I was going to make chicken parm pasta at work for lunch today, so I portioned out my spicy V8 for my lunch crock. I thought I had a container the would nest in my crock for carrying..but no, so I put it in a baggie. Didn't make lunch, so brought my V8 back home. Won't be having NS lunch tomorrow, so I was trying to think of how to use the V8. Had some mini bell peppers, so I sauteed them with some onion in the V8, added 1/4 cup of rice and the meatloaf (crumbled up) from NS meatloaf/mashed potatoes. I love stuffed peppers - this was YUM!!! Will do it again.

that looks delicious!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    SillyRabbit65....nice twist!!!!! Yummmmm!!!!!
  • 1Ginabb
    1Ginabb Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have a veggie standby that I love....
    1 can of DelMonte Fire Roasted diced toms. w/garlic
    1 cut up onion.
    Put both in frying pan and cook down till dry and onions caramelize. Add Italian seasoning to taste. Add 2 Table spoon of grated parmesan cheese.
    Divide into servings. Yummy!
  • mistyponder
    mistyponder Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not as creative as all of you but I like to put the meatballs over spaghetti squash, add in sauteed mini bell peppers and a shake of parm cheese.
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    cq5w746y9jv6.jpg

Black Bean Burrito (or taco)
    NS black beans and rice
    6 oz V8 Juice - low sodium (I like spicy) (50 cal / 1 veg)
    2 oz water
    Garlic powder (1/4 tsp)
    Cumin (1/4 tsp)
    Hot Mexican Chili Powder (1/4)
    1 pepper jack string cheese (cheesehead 50 cal)
    1/2 Joseph's Flax Oat Bran and Wheat Lavash bread (50 cal)
    1.5 oz of chopped pork (or chicken) [optional]

Prepare Black Beans and rice with V8 and Water in Lunch Crock. Add seasonings to taste. Add pork/chicken. Heat.

Shred or cut string cheese and melt on lavash (I sprayed a pan and 'grilled' it)
    Fill lavash with Black Bean filling... (it was too much to roll, so I ate almost 1/2 with a fork, then was able to make it a burro/taco...)
    Add lettuce/tomato/salsa.... what ever you like to top it off.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    SillyRabbit - your recipes look delish!

• MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon MFPals! FYI - Look on the right side of your Home Page and you will see hellohealthy, click view all. Then you will see a ton of info from recipes, workout info, articles similar to the NS DD, if not better. Plus, all of the info is saved by the months......Check it out!
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mary.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sillyrabbit - that is definitely something I'm gonna try! It looks awesome.
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Sillyrabbit, that really does look delicious! I may need to try to your mix and maybe eat it like a lettuce wrap instead of rolling the lavosh. I could always have multiple lettuce leaves . . . .
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like the lettuce wrap idea Patty!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm not as creative as all of you but I like to put the meatballs over spaghetti squash, add in sauteed mini bell peppers and a shake of parm cheese.
    I put all the pasta dishes over spaghetti squash and bake them in the oven!