If you had to give one piece of advice to a newbie to Nutrisystem, what would it be?

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
Mine would be to drink your water. Lots of it.

Replies

• GOAT_MOMMY
    GOAT_MOMMY Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ask questions or learn the system. You don't have to go hungry on NS.
  • jrn8ion
    jrn8ion Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Eat all your meals, including your servings of veggies. Try not to go more than 3 hrs of not eating.
  • surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Follow the plan!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat all your food, don't forget your veggies and get creative. Last night I took my lunch (loaded baked potato) and made a casserole out of it. I whipped up some onions, garlic, red pepper, Swiss chard and spinach in a pan then blended them with the already prepared potato sprinkled a tablespoon of shredded cheese on top then ground some red pepper over it all and baked at 350° for 20 minutes or so. Don't be afraid to experiment with spices, my favs are red pepper..oregano..dill..
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Commit and follow the plan!
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good morning from So Cal...cobwebs starting to clear. My few words I'll share that have been working for me (this final time around) is to NOT give up, no matter what. There will always be downfalls, mistakes made but don't let those be a reasons to throw in the towel. Get back OP the next day. Every day is a new day! :)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Eat all your veggies. Imperative to avoid hunger.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Follow the plan and try not to get too caught up in the number on the scale. Your body WILL change. Whether it's weight or inches - if you follow the plan you will see changes! Good Luck!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Peggy...I'm a scale oholic! I was weighing every day. This is the first week I'm going to try and go to weekly weigh ins. I GOTTA break the habit!
  • melbelle312
    melbelle312 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Do not compare yourself to anyone else. YOUR weight loss progress will be based on several factors, all of which will be unique to YOU. As long as you are losing weight or gaining muscle, you are a success. We are all on the same path, and we can learn from each other, but we can't walk in the same pair of shoes!
  • kikakayla
    kikakayla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check to see if you can get an insurance discount and costco gift cards.
  • swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat & drink after 8pm. That way you won't have to keep getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Good luck.
  • pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, be patient, and forgive yourself when you screw up (and you will screw up). It ain't the end of the world and one day is not going to ruin your progress. Best of luck to you! We're here for you.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This is a really hard one. Don't let the scale be your only measure of success.
  • Shie1
    Options
    The choice you have made is a life change that is not over once you have met your goal.
  • Shie1
    Options
    grmshelle wrote: »
    Peggy...I'm a scale oholic! I was weighing every day. This is the first week I'm going to try and go to weekly weigh ins. I GOTTA break the habit!

I'm with you grm. I am working on weighing once a week instead of twice a day. The evening weigh in was to try to figure out what the next morning's weight might be. It's a horrible addiction. I have made it through two days with no scale. I feel accomplished. Lol
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't hesitate to ask for help, they have counselors for a reason, and the community has a world of experience going through what we are. Originally I was going to say make sure you read the boards and blogs for support but ...sigh :/