Stronglifts and cardio

Options
dcresider
dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
This may already have been touched upon, but do any of you do any cardio on your off days? I feel like I have not lost any weight or inches after 6 weeks of SL and also miss the high from cardio.

It seems that my SL sessions are getting longer especially as the weights go up. Since I don't have time to do cardio right after SL (M,W,F), I would like to run (30-40 minutes light run) or bike (spinning or stationary) on my off days (T, Th). Is this possible?

Replies

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I run T/Th/Sun. I also sometimes run on my lunch break on M/W/F since I lift after work.

It takes some getting used to. When I started SL, my runs suffered. I was slow because my legs were fatigued from lifting. Now that my body has adjusted, it's not an issue for me.

I will say that your running may suffer from lifting, but your lifting may also suffer from running. Your legs will be fatigued, so you may find that one or the other suffers when you start doing both again.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Okay then. I just did a short 3 miler, then a 20 minute light bike ride. I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow.