Ready for the second round.

Options
Cosmos130
Cosmos130 Posts: 9 Member
The first six months on NS was coasting downhill. Easy. Now. I just don’t feel the same urgency to lose weight as I did when I started. Back then, it was either lose it or wear the maternity size I wore when I was 9 months pregnant, and I had a big baby! I am just too relaxed. I am too comfortable in the size I am now. So what does it matter if I am not losing because I’m not doing it 100%? I can start again next week, or next month. Do you get the picture?

As I was typing this, I could hear my husband saying for the thousandth time he could quit drinking anytime he wanted. But, not today, on the 1st of next month, or on his birthday, how about New Year? Of course, he never stopped, and then it was too late, he ran out of time and died a long painful death from cirrhosis.

I know what works for me. Losing weight does not work for me as a goal. Losing the elastic waists does. My head is in it, but my heart has been MIA. I am ready for the second round. I must go back to the basics. Today--not tomorrow--right now.

Replies

• melbelle312
    melbelle312 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think all of us have those moments- I know I did. Currently I am on the upswing and dedicated, and you certainly have the strength to do it too! You have a lot of life left to live, so make it your best ones!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Way to keep determined and dedicated to your vision. I have gotten to the elastic waistband stage AGAIN and hate it that I keep letting that happen again and again. I was always saying "I'll start tomorrow", but I said it everyday. I have to stay as determined as you and move towards the smaller jeans I once was wearing...with NO elastic! Good luck on the second round.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Great mental determination and focus! WTG! We have to all look at ways to get us going in the right direction! I like your viewpoint. I started my recommit yesterday and it was a good day! I will also say "no more elastic band" jeans/pants/shorts! Need to get back to where I was feeling so much better!

On a personal note, I am sorry about your husband. One of my brothers had a life-saving liver transplant JUNE 2014. He had cirrhosis which also became liver cancer. I left my home and went to New Orleans for months to take care of him after his first surgery....you see, after two weeks after the transplant, he fell and broke his hip because he was so thin. That was more time away from home. I stopped NS JUNE 2014, returned home mid SEPT and then on OCT 17, I broke my left fibula above my ankle. After months of not able to walk well less workout and PT much needed, it has finally healed. But, I still have pain in my leg/ankle/foot daily. During this time, from June to March 2015, I regained 30 lbs. of my 62 lbs. I had lost. My next journey is to get back where I was using mini-goals of 5 lbs. @ a time! This will take time, but our health is so important!

Thanks for sharing and reminding me 'out with the elastic'.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I always enjoy your posts. They speak volumes and are so relatable. I wore a pair of zip up jeans yesterday for the first time in about 3 years. I know I didn't look skinny at all - but dang- I sure felt foxy! I see a foxy Cosmos in your future!!
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This too is my second time on NS. I lost 30lbs 6 years ago and gained it all back plus and additional 12 lbs. I just know in order to succeed in anything that you do, your mind, heart and sole has to be in it. I am going to be 60 in December and I want to be the best 60 I can be. I really really want it. You just have to make yourself a priority.
  • crochet221
    crochet221 Posts: 29 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Cosmos130.....love your post and determination. So sorry about your husband. I lost my sister three years ago for the same reason. It was so hard seeing her that way, but she just never could forget the past. I pray for all those that have such addictions, it's soo not easy.

I'm with all of you----I'm so ready to get healthy. It isn't from the lack of trying. I have fibromyalgia and thyroid issues. The pain never leaves, but some days are better than others. I know loosing weight will help. I've tried everything, my husband and I did low carb/high fat together and he lost 16 lbs. and I lost nothing. My cooking, my planning, etc. I finally said, "someone just TELL ME what to eat.....and COOK it for me" instead of me trying to figure out what would work for my body. Then the NS informercial came on and here I am. First week on FF I lost 5.8 lbs, which was a miracle and great encouragement this would work. Last week nothing :'( . Now I'm on week 3. So I pray this continues to work for me. Everyone I find on NS is so positive about the program and so helpful to one another. This is such a blessing to see, especially in this negative world.