Who are you and what is your story?

Options
boldgoldpaleo
boldgoldpaleo Posts: 2 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Share a little about yourself and why you have decided to follow the Paleo lifestyle.

I'm a young adult that always struggled with being the skinny girl growing up. I envied the other girls that could add on muscle like it was no big deal. I got into some rough eating habits, mainly just steak and potatoes almost every night with large portions of hearty desserts afterwards. I became a skinny fat person and I felt so awkward in my skin. My joints hurt because of growing pains and excess carbs. My body just didn't feel right, I was never comfortable. I took a lot of OTC pain medicine to help with my pain but I relied on them heavily for several years until I stopped growing so quickly. For the past couple years I have not taken a single OTC medicine for pain. I've learned new ways to ease pain and treated my body well. To get here I went through some rough patches. I first tried the fad diets but none of those worked for me. I don't think I even finished any that I tried. The first relief I found was a raw vegan diet but that was hard to maintain and I could not shake the want for meat. I learned of the Paleo diet and instantly started researching and finding new people to discuss this with. I have been absolutely in love with this lifestyle the past year. My body feels great, I love the food I'm eating, and I feel comfortable with my athletic build that I've been able to create and maintain. Tell me your story, everyone has one to tell!

Replies

• cocokatie1
    cocokatie1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 23 years old and I was on a very primal Paleo diet, no sugar, before I got married. Now that I am with my husband he is making it very hard for me to eat the way I know is healthy. He has very bad eating habits and doesn't understand my diet because he has a naturally fast metabolism. I need support from someone to help me get back on track, because it certainly isn't happening at home!

Thank you!

Please message me anytime.
  • Snewcomer2
    Snewcomer2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and overweight and miserable in my body. I was very active until I met my husband and had children. I began eating out of convenience and due to that was eating a lot of processed and high sugar foods. I have been wanting to get back to my old lifestyle and have tried many times but to be honest was never really that dedicated. About a month ago an old friend and I had a long conversation which made me realize I need to go back to my old ways. I couldn't discuss where I had been climbing recently, because I hadn't been climbing in years. I didn't want to share a picture of myself for a couple reasons; I would prefer my friends remember me as I was and I haven't taken a picture of myself for a very long time. A friend of mine is crazy for crossfit, which I would love to do but I feel I need to do some work before I'm there. So I was researching popular diets for crossfit and found paleo. I have been eating Paleo for 10 days now and staying between 1000 and 1500 calories. I have lost 10 pounds in a week. I know what some may say: 1000 calories is to few, 10lbs in a week is unhealthy, such drastic change doesn't stick. You must understand that nothing I am doing currently is more unhealthy as the state of my mind and body at my current weight. I have a lot to loose and even at my current pace it is likely to take just short of a year to reach my goal weight. My plan is to continue my current diet, quit smoking and start crossfit. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 days but I have gone a few days and started again in the past so I want to make sure I am done smoking before I start crossfit. The cost of crossfit is less than a pack of cigarettes a day is what I have been telling myself. Logging my calories has been an amazing help. I started logging foods before I eat them so I can make an informed decision on whether or not I really what that in my body. I also signed up for a 5k in March 2016. So I have to start running:)

Thanks for reading!

Pushing myself more and more everyday!