ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
Welcome to the group!

Replies

• ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    SHOWING YOU LOVE! :smiley:
  • ptsmiles
    Yay! Welcome ogmomma2012! How long have you been enjoying RHPS?
  • ogmomma2012
    Since I first saw it on VHS around 12 years old! But I have never been to a live show. :(
  • ptsmiles
    I just went to my first shadow cast two weeks ago. It was amazing! The best part was Patricia Quinn (Magenta) and Barry Bostwick (Brad) were there for a meet and greet and stayed for the show.
  • ogmomma2012
    So awesome! One day I'll go. XD How are you? What are your goals?
  • ptsmiles
    I am good. My short term goal is to reach onederland. I'm about 20lbs away. Last summer, I managed to get 10lbs away and then had a health concern and got too lazy to workout or track my food. My long term goal is to get down to 160-170lbs. How about yourself?
  • ogmomma2012
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I am good. My short term goal is to reach onederland. I'm about 20lbs away. Last summer, I managed to get 10lbs away and then had a health concern and got too lazy to workout or track my food. My long term goal is to get down to 160-170lbs. How about yourself?

Just got to Onederland a couple weeks ago! 60lbs down, 60 more to go! I'll add you. I totally saw the request last night but was just too tired. :smile:
  • ptsmiles
    No worries. I can't wait to see onederland! I workout at least 5 days a week for at least 1/2hr. and have been trying to be good about what I eat. I am getting frustrated because I see the scale go down a pound or two and then I see it go up a pound or two. What have you had success with? My biggest downfall is snacking after dinner. I've tried brushing my teeth after I eat, but I usually end up feeling like I'm missing out on something or go to bed hungry. I'm not crazy about that feeling. It is hard with two kids and a husband that aren't concerned with counting calories. I've even gone so far as to contemplate asking my doctor about weighloss pills or gastric bypass. My mom is having her gastric bypass this Thursday. She has at least 100lbs or more to lose. I feel bad for feeling this way, but I'm going to be jealous when she starts losing weight.
  • ogmomma2012
    No worries. I can't wait to see onederland! I workout at least 5 days a week for at least 1/2hr. and have been trying to be good about what I eat. I am getting frustrated because I see the scale go down a pound or two and then I see it go up a pound or two. What have you had success with? My biggest downfall is snacking after dinner. I've tried brushing my teeth after I eat, but I usually end up feeling like I'm missing out on something or go to bed hungry. I'm not crazy about that feeling. It is hard with two kids and a husband that aren't concerned with counting calories. I've even gone so far as to contemplate asking my doctor about weighloss pills or gastric bypass. My mom is having her gastric bypass this Thursday. She has at least 100lbs or more to lose. I feel bad for feeling this way, but I'm going to be jealous when she starts losing weight.

I also live in a house that doesn't calorie count, everyone but our 2 year-old son is severely obese and doesn't have a good idea of what a normal portion is. I work from 1:30pm to 10pm, so everyone has already eaten dinner. What I prefer is to eat breakfast later in the morning, about an hour before I have to leave for work, and that keeps me from getting the munchies until my lunch time around 6pm.

What works for me is a food scale, and being pretty well petrified to get back over 200. I'm only just BARELY under, 198 today.

Grains and startchy carbs don't seem to fill me up, mainly because I love them too much and I have a very hard time controlling myself with them, especially sub sandwiches. Lately, I've been going overboard and when I look at what my macros have been, carbs have been the majority of my calories. So, I need to reign them in and will probably do something similar to low-carb/Atkins/keto.

I've totally ditched booze because I am trying to lower my cholesterol on my own since last month, especially my triglycerides, so exercise and lower carb intake is pretty well necessary to accomplish that, and drinking my calories in booze isn't productive and makes me lazy. -.-

I try to jog/run/walk intermittantly every other day, my little human alarm clock makes it easier because I am obligated to be awake at 6am. It may take me an hour to do 3 miles, but I do them and I feel so good! Remembering how good exercise makes me feel is hard sometimes! Today I lazed about, being Mother's Day (and a Happy Moms Day to you, for yourself or for someone you know who is a mom!) but I still woke up at 5am but I walked at a slow pace at each break and at lunch.

It's been hard getting these habits solidifed, and of course I slip up (like today! OY!) but the general goal is to remember to weigh my food, log my food, and get exercise, light or heavy, at least 5 times a week.

Hope your day has been good! Hope this helps, this is definitely just what works for me, but if it gives you ideas to keep your healthy habits strong then I'm happy to share my habits!
  • ptsmiles
    Happy Belated Mother's Day to you~@ I have been looking at food scales lately, although, I told my husband to give me a hard time if I ever discussed getting one. I have a friend, who has one and takes it to an unhealthy level. Now that I have been looking at them he has done what he was told and is giving me a hard time. Do you find that you tended to over or under estimate prior to the food scale? I have tried jogging before and get very self conscious, so I tend not to do it.
  • ogmomma2012
    I definitely underestimated things like cheese and meat, and drastically underestimated my fruits and veggies.
  • ogmomma2012
    I mean hey, at 262lbs, I wouldn't have even thought it was possible for me to jog. I just can't let how I see myself get in the way of achieving the body I want, yanno? Get a food scale, try it out. You don't need to go crazy, but cheese and meat you'll be surprised how many calories are in such a small serving of cheese, and don't get me started on peanut butter. XD It'll make me sad.
  • ptsmiles
    I actually just purchased a food scale over the weekend. Used it to measure out my pretzles for the week. I was pleased that I actually got an extra pretzel or two. lol My husband laughed at me for wanting one and then I caught him using it. I'm glad I got it because with cheese for example, if the package isn't marked with ounce markings it is easy to over estimate how much an ounce is. I weighed it out last night and figure I was probably over estimating. It is actually a kinda fun new toy. :-) I have a friend who is an avid runner and thinks nothing of running 9 miles a day. She has tried to get me out doing intervals and had to stop because my knee was killing me.
  • ogmomma2012
    I actually just purchased a food scale over the weekend. Used it to measure out my pretzles for the week. I was pleased that I actually got an extra pretzel or two. lol My husband laughed at me for wanting one and then I caught him using it. I'm glad I got it because with cheese for example, if the package isn't marked with ounce markings it is easy to over estimate how much an ounce is. I weighed it out last night and figure I was probably over estimating. It is actually a kinda fun new toy. :-) I have a friend who is an avid runner and thinks nothing of running 9 miles a day. She has tried to get me out doing intervals and had to stop because my knee was killing me.

What kind of scale did you buy? I got a little Cuisenart from Groupon. It goes up to 10lbs and does grams as well as ounces and pounds. I'm glad you and your husband like it! Yeah it is kind of fun seeing how much food weighs. :-p
    Body pain really stinks, my right knee was the worst, it got better with time as I lost weight and exercised more. Do you take pain medicine?
  • ptsmiles
    We got a Taylor Biggest Loser Food Scale from Walmart. I goes up to 11lbs and also does grams, ounces and pounds. I didn't take anything for the pain other than tiger balm. I try to not take medication unless I have to. I like the idea of running, but not sure if my body feels the same. lol