BBB In April

Options
This is only April and I received my third BBB on Friday. I opened the box but had not started putting the food up until yesterday when I noticed all my Chocolate Dessert and Chocolate lunch bars were melted and a mess. One of the packages for the Nutrichocolates was opened and melted all inside the box. This is only April, what is going to happen to my box in July and August? The box was hot when I pulled it into the house. Fed-Ex had just delivered it so it was not on my porch for very long. I was pulling into the drive when they were pulling away from the curb. If I ask NS to replace this will it come to me in the same fashion all melted?

Replies

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Customer service in the past has been pretty good about replacing meals....maybe they could send it in dry ice....you can ask...
  • klriano
    klriano Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Living in south central Florida, I'm a little concerned about this as well. I just received my first BBB and it was ok. Even if you're home to greet the FEDEX truck, who knows how long it was on there getting all squishy?
  • AlissaandPeter
    AlissaandPeter Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been on NS for a long time. CS will replace the food. BUT in the warmer months - I let the box sit open for a bit before unloading. What you don't know is how long it was on the FedEx truck. Some members have not ordered the nutrichocolates in the warmer months. For me the lunch bars are a stable so I do what I said above.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I had a mac and cheese busted in mine once but i just took it as things happen. The box i got yesteday, two of my chocolate meal bars were melted to sqush but hard so that means they were melted before delivery. I will still eat them since the package was not open.
  • evhutchings
    Options
    Lately, I too, have been finding broken boxes and cups....
  • AlissaandPeter
    Options
    Me too!

• tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Me too!

Me three. I'm thinking the moral at NS is kind of low with all these changes.

• AlissaandPeter
    Options
    Agreed!
  • perrychristina97
    perrychristina97 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about my chocolate melting - oh wait, I'm in Ohio and it's still in the 40s here. I am going to change my next order to get the melty stuff before warm weather makes it here.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    FYI Hey MFPals! When I received my NS order at the end of March, I had two cup lunches damaged - broken open in the box because the packer packed it too tight. Always call NS CS and report it and they will replace it and ship out again. The CS people have always been very nice. When I told her (the CS person) what happened, she typed up and emailed a quality control report to the Packing Dept. Also, sent me an email letter of the QC report.

Only the frozen food is packed in dry ice. Your desserts which are not frozen will not be placed with dry ice. This heat situation with desserts melting on the truck before you receive has been going on for years. Some members, refreeze the melted chocolate or dessert if the wrapper is not damaged. Also, one time during bad weather, my frozen box sat in transit. Actually it was a hurricane on the Gulf Coast and Fed Ex could not deliver, and I received my frozen box with all of the dry ice melted and all of the contents of the box was soggy. I called and NS replaced the WHOLE box of frozen food. B) The replacement frozen had 2 bags of dry ice in it.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about my chocolate melting - oh wait, I'm in Ohio and it's still in the 40s here. I am going to change my next order to get the melty stuff before warm weather makes it here.

I'm here in Ohio with you. This weather is great, isn't it???!!! I had two breakfast items missing from my last order and one busted box of broccoli rice. I called cs and they are going to replace them for me.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Two of my Mac and Cheese lunch cups had leaked all of over the box and had to be discarded.
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »
    Two of my Mac and Cheese lunch cups had leaked all of over the box and had to be discarded.

Randy, did you call CS to report the situation so they could replace, reship to you?
  • evhutchings
    Options
    This months bbb arrived completely intact!!!!!
  • KonaKat
    KonaKat Posts: 3,411 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I've been with NS for a few years. I get a shipment every 3 or 4 months. Those new to NS likely find the melted chocolate to be a reality in the Summer. Most stock up on the chocolate items in advance of warm temperatures. If it is melted, just stick it in the fridge. It may not look pretty but it still is good. Customer Service will replace any item if it is damaged in any way, so if you have cups that have opened, etc., call CS. Some of those boxes really undergo a lot of "treatment" when being transferred at various points despite their leaving NS in good shape. I did have one box in which the packing tape could have been placed over the flaps better. As a result, the tape was coming loose by the time the box reached me.

Formerly Midnights_Mom