Week 3 - April 27th to May 3rd

shirayne
shirayne Posts: 263 Member
Its that time again! Time for new challenges! :)

Food: Let's stick with fruits and veggies this week only this week, you must eat 5 different colors of fruit and veggies. Can you do it??? Bring it on!

Fitness: Let's relax our lower half and work on arms this week. STANDING DUMBELL CURLS! You can do them with a weight bar or 2 separate weights and if you haven't got any? Try canned veggies! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7-8igSXTs Make sure you watch the proper way to do them so you don't injure yourself. Start with 2 sets of 10 and increase daily. See how many you can get to by the end of the week!

Good luck!

Replies

• Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    I need all the help I can get with my arms. No upper body strength lol!
  • prof_newme
    prof_newme Posts: 84 Member
    I'm in! tonight we had collards and rice...so that is green. Now I need to do the lifts...done!
  • Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    Oh, oh! I'm in!!! Ate a roma tomato with breakfast, a pear (the tan kind) at lunch, and half an avocado at dinner! YES! 3 down! Have mango and cottage cheese on the menu for tomorrow!... and my biceps need all the help they can GET!
  • shirayne
    LOL You guys crack me up! I had arugula (yes I'm addicted) and spinach, baby tomatoes and potatoes (is white a color?). Today I have a banana in my lunch but again... it's kinda white. Anyways, I'm planning on some beets and oranges and maybe some purple potatoes. :) Ohh! Blueberries! :)
  • Hippychick5983
    Last night I had corn, Lima beans, and peas. Was yummy! Tried to do the arm lifts but one of my cats was not having it. He wanted all of my attention right then and there! Off to the gym tonight so I will get them in there.
  • Hippychick5983
    Oh and Blueberries for desert!
  • prof_newme
    Today was very successful in the veggie department! DH took me to "sweet tomato" for dinner. (for those of you across the pond, it is a salad bar/buffet restaurant) I had field greens (green and purple) Beets (red or are they purple) carrots (orange) cucumbers (green again) bell peppers (yellow) tomatoes (red).

I love beets I really should eat them more.

It was so good! Really hard to keep track and log in but I'm calling it a rewards day and moving on.
  • prof_newme
    ok lifts done too! I probably need heaver weights or more reps... but challenge goal met
  • Jinx_Mo
    got the biceps done at work lifting a 3-ring binder full of paper (YIKES!)... it was interesting maneuvering that thing, but it worked! My arms are TIRED! forgot my mango at home, though :::pout::: I'll get that one in tomorrow. Had cauliflower with dinner, so another color down (that's 4! YAY!!)
  • Hippychick5983
    I had pomegranate in my yogurt yesterday. It was good! I also had a white bean salad with lots of peppers, green and white beans, and some other things I don't remember. Didn't get the arm curls in but I went swimming. I will do the arm curls today!
  • shirayne
    You guys are fantastic! I still have 1 or 2 colors of food to eat (depends if potatoes count as white lol). Biceps are screaming in happy pain! :)
  • Jinx_Mo
    Mango/orangey-yellow DONE! Bicep culrs done with a 32oz bottle of water... umm yeah... had to do 30 reps on each set to feel them, so I am kinda hesitant to claim them as they were wayyy too easy! lol I'm gonna it the gym in the morning when I get off work (yea, I go into work at 1am tonight.. bleh!). I'll get two kinds of bicep curls done, free weight and machine to make up for the kinda-curls I did today!
  • Jinx_Mo
    edited April 2015
    @shirayne I think potatoes count as a white... I'd count it!
  • prof_newme
    Yes! count your potatoes!

I had a raspberry slurpee but I'm not counting that that doesn't even resemble a vegetable or fruit despite the name. I had mushroom soup for lunch so that is brown and cabbage slaw for dinner so white, green and purple cabbage and carrots. I still have my arm curls to do but I will work on that after dinner. This challenge has been great making me remember to get veggies in!
  • shirayne
    LMAO prof_newman! I never thought of cole-slaw! I could have gotten all my colors in one fell swoop!

Having corn tonight in a turkey shepherd's pie. So that's green, red, white, yellow.... Oh! and plum yesterday (Is that red too or is it considered purple???) LOL Hmmm... OK, heading to the store to get purple potatoes for tomorrow :)
  • Jinx_Mo
    I think plum is purple...
  • Jinx_Mo
    Wow, hit the post button accidentally before I even finished commenting! LOL I got biceps in and I agree with prof_newme, this has DEFINITELY helped me get fruits and veggies in! I get really lazy about both though they're super easy and so low in calories!
  • shirayne
    Agreed! My problem is always sticking to the usual... It's getting boring and that's when my will power starts to fail. This has helped me find alternatives and I"m hoping next week's challenge will too!
  • prof_newme
    Thursday the only thing I had resembling a veggie ...well nothing! What a crazy day. Today...or should I say yesterday since it is 2am I had mushroom gravy with my turkey burger and potatoes and green guacamole. I LOVE guacamole. I can't wait to see what is in store for next week
  • shirayne
    Finished off my colours with yellow corn! Woot!~