Hello! 2 yrs post-op

Options
kc82
kc82 Posts: 65 Member
Hi there! I'm not new to the group, although I don't think I've ever posted, mostly lurked. I had my surgery May 28th, 2013. So in one month, I will be two years post-op! I still can't believe how fast the time has flown by! My starting weight was 311 lbs and I currently maintain between 165-167 lbs. This has been quite the journey and it's by no means over. I'm looking forward to getting to know many of you here, making friends, and sharing our experiences! And I'm always happy to answer any questions for those just starting out or early on in their journey! :)

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It is nice to know that you have maintained. I am a year out and down to 158 from a high of 267.5, I am really worried about regain. I have lost so many pounds in the past and regained it all. I exercise daily and have a bunch of friends on MFP. That is my incentive to keep it up and not gain. I have 8 pounds to go to My goal, although my Dr. said I didnt need to lose anymore.

Do you workout? IF so how much. How many calories do you get in a day to maintain. Did you increase calories at your goal?
    I have been following the Dr's plan for diet for life, and I stick to it. I find that I don't want or crave things that are not on list. Do you have cravings? How do you handle social situations?
  • kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Jreedyjanelle - Congrats on your success thus far! Regain is a huge fear of mine as well (as I'm sure it is for most of us). After surgery I did not work out regularly, no routine, etc... I am trying to get back into the habit though as I know it's necessary for maintenance. Sadly, I also stopped tracking food about 8-9 months ago, however I am now trying to get back in the habit of that as well. I know that it's SUPER important to keep tracking. I do suspect that on a normal day though I'm eating anywhere from 1,200 - 1,500 calories. I definitely still have cravings, which reappeared about a year post-op. I accept that this is something I will just have to deal with. Social situations are not too difficult for me. Just about everyone I know knows about my surgery, so it's not too much of an issue. The problems I seem to encounter are at restaurants where waiters and waitresses ask if my food was okay because I ate so little. Other than that, I don't experience much awkwardness. :)
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses.

Exercise has really been my friend. I have met so many wonderful folks at the gym. They are all proud of me! And logging my food is also a good thing for me. These are the 2 things I didn't do when I lost before.