Fitbit Charge HR - not logging workouts

Options
In the last few days I've noticed that if I use the timer to record a period of activity, it doesn't always show up on the dashboard.

It seems to log the bigger workout events, but the smaller ones just don't show up at all.

Is fitbit picking and choosing which of my workouts to show on the dashboard, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Replies

• W_Stewart
    W_Stewart Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    GREAT screen name! I love black coffee and cherry pie. I assume there was not enough room for the part of your name about vanilla bean ice cream? :)

Mine did not log a short exercise yesterday. One thing I noticed is I wasn't very active. It made me wonder if it wants to see enough arm activity to determine it was a true activity? In my case I was just capturing heart rate data for testing but it never logged it as an activity.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I think the way it works is that an activity has to have either 1) a decent number of steps per minute and/or 2) some steps and a high enough heart rate (for HR enabled devices) in order to record it. I guess if it doesn't see enough activity, it just discards the record. I've also tried to log a short period of relative inactivity - in order to get a closer look at my heart rate just for the heck of it - and it didn't work.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    Thanks for your replies; it's a little bit irritating that it doesn't just leave it to me to decide what I want to record but at least it's not just me who has noticed it!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Since it switches to per second logging during an activity, and a button press could be unintentional, I imagine they are protecting some users from themselves, accidentally sucking up the available memory, and then complaining that they had a long time between syncs and lost data early on.
    Because when it gets full, oldest is overwritten.