Daily Check In - Tuesday April 28th through Sunday May 3rd

AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I skipped Monday again for an official check in day. HAHA! :s

Replies

• AmeeSandhu
    I did 30 minutes of yoga this morning. I will do my body revolution workout after work, later this afternoon.
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    I did Body Revolution workout, 10 minutes of 30 Day Butt Lift, and 15 mi utes elliptical.

Yesterday I ran 30 minutes, dis Body Revolution, and walked 40 minutes.

I told my husband I have felt extremely bloated ( have kidney stone) I lost 4 lbs since Sunday. I know it is all water, but shows how bloated I was.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Yikes! Holly, I hope your kidney stone is gone soon. Hubby has those from time to time and they seem awful.

Today was a rest day on the ChaLEAN Extreme calendar. The original plan was to do Turbo Fire on one of the two scheduled rest days per week, but I had DOMS today like I haven't had in quite some time. So, I'll follow the calendar this week and see if I can work some TF in next week ;)
  • AmeeSandhu
    Oh my goodness Holly! I hope you're feeling better now?!

Bookworm, that DOMS can sure sneak up on you, huh? lol! If you can get DOMS from yoga, then I have it too.

This week has been a bit crazy and my routines have really been challenged. I'm getting back on track with Body Revolution though, and the yoga has been helping me feel better.
  • bookworm_847
    Amee, I'm glad to read that things are moving in the right direction for you. Is Body Revolution similar to 30 Day Shred? And yes yoga can definitely cause DOMS. The first time I tried yoga, I could barely move the next day!

I did Burn 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme today. My muscles are fatigued and it took a little more effort than usual to get my breakfast ready, lol

I hope you all have a great day!
  • Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    It's my first check-in.... Yesterday morning, I started the Body Revolution (disc 1, phase 1) then I walked 3.9 km in the evening.

This morning, I did the Body Revolution (disc 2, phase 1) and I'm hoping to go for yet another walk tonight since it's so nice out.

Holly - I seriously hope you are better soon... ouch!

Bookworm - I've never done the 30 day shred so don't quote me but I believe the concept is the same (HIIT)

Amee - thank you for creating this group...
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Welcome Topaz!!!!!!!!!
    Hope you feel better Holly.

Today I started out with 15 minutes of sun salutations. Went to work and did 20 minutes on the elliptical at lunch in our work gym. Went home and took the dogs for a 45 minute hike. Then went to my hr long step class then home to where my boyfriend had cooked dinner...
    Definitely going to bed early tonight!!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Today I just walked. I was supposed to do Body Revolution Cardio1, but went to a urologist for my kidney stone. I go for an ultrasound in the morning. Anyway, I am going to let walking be enough for today. I burned almost 1000 exercise calories on both Monday and Tuesday (using abdominal strap heart rate monitor)

Bookworm, hope you feel less sore. I have been taking magnesium because it is supposed to help with muscle soreness. Also helps migraines and insomnia so I am trying it.

Amee, I have not done yoga. Only what Jillian has in Body Revolution. Jennifer Anniston does it and she sure lools good.

Topaz, great job on your workouts. Jillian is a killer.

Muery, thank you for the well wishes. Great great job fitting in workouts!

• Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2015
    I actually got up on time this morning at 5:05 and got in my 20 minutes of Sun Salutations!!!!! It was so nice in the dark living room with only the fish tanks blue night lights on. until the dogs got peeved that I wasn't feeding them and came over and started stepping all over my yoga mat, getting in my way. lol
  • AmeeSandhu
    Bookworm, Yes the body revolution format is very similar to the 30 day shred. Switches between upper body/lower body workouts, compound movements and bursts of cardio. All workouts are right at 30 minutes and there are 12 total workouts plus some cardio only ones that I don't think I've ever done. HAHA! Ihope you got your breakfast eaten in a timely manner. lol! So many things become trickier with DOMS. Bathroom visits, shaving legs/armpits, holding a hair dryer...the list goes on.

Topaz! I'm glad you're here! Happy to have another Body Revolutioner here too! I'm finishing up the second week this week and will move on to discs 3 & 4 on Monday.

Muery, great going! What kind of dogs do you have? My fat cat was all over my yoga mat this morning. Animals are just so funny. Love the sun salutations you are doing!!

Holly, I think walking definitely sounds like enough. You take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. Magnesium...do you use the oil? Or take it in pill form? I have some oil but I haven't been using it diligently. I got it to help with sleeping better through the night. And yeah, I totally agree with you about Jennifer Anniston.

I'm having to play some catch up with workouts this week but I think I've got a handle on it. Now that it's Thursday, things are settling down a little bit. I have a senior that is graduating in June, and two younger high school teens, so things are really starting to ramp up. Amp up?

Everyone have a snazzy Thursday. Yes, snazzy. Say what you will.... o:)
  • bookworm_847
    I use snazzy all the time... no comments here!

I did the CX Burn Intervals & Ab Burner today. The Burn Intervals was like a mix of cardio and strength with sets each lasting 1-2 minutes. It wasn't bad, but toward the end I wanted to yell at the tv "No more squats or lunges Chalene, and you can't make me!" Around that time, she said something like "You don't think I can see you stopping, but I have cameras all over your house." Haha. I know I could stop if I wanted to and she would be none the wiser, but it was a bit of humor along with my workout this morning.

Happy Thursday! Do you all participate in Thirsty Thursday? If so, what's your water goal for the day? I'm going for 80 oz. I have 24 down so far....
  • AmeeSandhu
    Bookworm, Jillian Michaels says something like, "She'll come through the screen and beat you" if you're using one weight instead of the two that you're supposed to. Always cracks me up.

Good job! I did JMBR again this morning. I have a few more workouts to catch up on too. I've heard of Thirsty Thursday but I don't know all the details or how to participate. It sounds like something I could kill at though. My water bottle has been by my side for 7 years now. I get panicky when I forget it in the car, or got sidetracked going out the door and left it at home.

Heading in to the weekend and a brand new month....everyone have a great one!!
  • bookworm_847
    That's great! Keep up the good work with Jillian!

I'm really enjoying Chalean Extreme so far and think that this is what I've been looking for in a new program. It's a blast and I think I'm seeing little changes (or it could be my imagination or muscle tightness), but it's been hard on my body this week while trying to get used to it. I fell back to sleep right after I turned of my alarm, so I guess I needed the extra rest this morning. My shoulders and the bottom of my ribcage to the top of my knees are so sore... but in a good way! This makes me wonder who is meaner-- Chalene Johnson or Shaun T.... or even Jillian! haha

Thirsty Thursday is just a day to focus more on water intake. My fitness group (and I'm sure others) set goals for how much water to drink and update on their progress. I came about 10 oz short of my goal yesterday.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Or 10oz short of another trip to the bathroom? lol! I love the concept of Chalean Extreme but it's another one for me that I've made it half way through and then have stopped and started many times. All my fault and nothing due to the program. lol!
  • One hour Pilates class in the morning, walked 6 miles.
  • Topaz4321
    Topaz4321 Posts: 9 Member
    Haven't checked in but I've been keeping up the morning workouts. I also started going for a walk during my lunch hour, I work by a mountain so it has a trail with about 200 stairs to climb to the top.
  • bookworm_847
    I had Burn 3 in the CX workout today... lots of leg work. That Chalene is going to see that I'm a pro at lunges whether I want to be or not!
  • Morning, 1 hour Barre class followed by a 1 hour Hatha Yoga class. Afternoon, 5 mile walk.
  • bookworm_847
    Chalean Extreme Burn 1 today. Week 2! Hubby actually worked out with me this morning, so that was really cool. :)
  • AmeeSandhu
    Loving all of your workouts! Especially Bookworm's hubby working out with you. That's awesome!

I made a thread for today, May 5th going through next Monday. Sorry that didn't happen sooner.