Fitbit Aria - Help

Options
baybeejulia
baybeejulia Posts: 218 Member
Hi all,

So I bought the FitBit Aria and I am so excited about it!

But, I like to weigh myself everyday (yes I know I shouldn't! I just get excited and can't help it). Sometimes I way more the next day due to water retention and what not.

Because Aria syncs every weigh-in, my weight on MFP is constantly going up and down and I hate it! Is anyone else experiencing this? What do you/can you do to stop it? I guess I could disconnect the Aria but then that would defeat the purpose of spending $160 on a scale!

Thanks in advance :smile:

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Disable auto-updates of weight loss to your wall postings.
    Of course gains never show up anyway.

Make a manual post on weight-lost when you actually have a valid weigh-in day and have lost, sharing how long since last weigh in.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I use Trendweight that auto syncs with the Aria. It gets rid of the daily "noise"
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »
    I use Trendweight that auto syncs with the Aria. It gets rid of the daily "noise"

Is this a phone app? I couldn't find it in the Google Play Store.
  • Amerielle
    Amerielle Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    kuranda10 wrote: »

Is this a phone app? I couldn't find it in the Google Play Store.

I use Trendweight but with my computer. I have seen many phone users mention Happy Scale.

I also have an Aria and love it but I disabled the auto updates.

• kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Libra is another app I've heard of.

Trendweight is computer only.
  • thorsonej
    thorsonej Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Trendweight is browser only, not computer only. I use it all the time on my phone. ;)
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with weighing every day. Eventually, you get used to the daily variation and a single day's weight doesn't carry as much importance. Software that will smooth out the bumps, like Trendweight, can help you see this, but so will just looking at the graph over longer time periods. I can't stand weighing weekly because I've still got the "noise" in there that is bothering you with daily weighing, but I can't see it, so if I don't lose, or even gain, it is much more disappointing than with a daily weighing.
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I've tried Trendweight and I think I'll be sticking with that, it looks good and does what I need it to :smile:

I'm just glad I can still use my scale's wifi feature haha
  • baybeejulia
    Options
    NancyN795 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with weighing every day. Eventually, you get used to the daily variation and a single day's weight doesn't carry as much importance. Software that will smooth out the bumps, like Trendweight, can help you see this, but so will just looking at the graph over longer time periods. I can't stand weighing weekly because I've still got the "noise" in there that is bothering you with daily weighing, but I can't see it, so if I don't lose, or even gain, it is much more disappointing than with a daily weighing.

I'm glad it's okay to weigh in every day cos it's just so tempting!
  • magneticreikipaul
    magneticreikipaul Posts: 61 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i have the aria if you move it from where it's sat as i do you need to get on and off of it 3 times because the first two times you step on it's calibrating the 3rd will be your correct weight