whole 30

Options
jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
I have started this diet today, would love to know has anyone tried this diet before and is it helpful for pcos?

Replies

• Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a Whole 30, specifically, but I've been a version of Paleo for a few years now. It's definitely helped with many of my PCOS symptoms. It took me tweaking other things for weight loss, but I know of a number of people for whom it has helped with their weight, too.
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. May I know what more did you do to get those tweaky things in order
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    jmzz1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. May I know what more did you do to get those tweaky things in order

I've actually had to go all the way down to a carnivorous diet in order to see results. Meat, eggs, butter, a little cheese, and water (it's actually not as drab as it sounds). I've determined that I'm a "hard loser" (though I've recently started seeing a name for what could be my situation -- "resistant obesity" or "diet resistant obesity"), so I have to go to more of an extreme than most people usually have to. I can maintain on standard Paleo up to about 100g of carbs, but so far, this has been the only thing that's been able to prompt weight loss. Over the past year or two, I've walked my carbohydrate intake down, looking for my "sweet spot." Turns out, it seems, that mine is "as close to zero as possible." =/