• Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    May Goals - 120 miles, 20 days over 10,000 steps

May 1 - 7 = 29.5 miles - (3/20)
    May 8 - 15 = 32.4 miles - (3/20)
    May 16 - 3 miles

Total 61.9 miles (6/20) over 10,000

Yeah - 1/2 way to goal on miles anyway!! All my miles have been outside so far - because the weather has been so beautiful out and the days are longer now so I can walk my dog in the evenings when I get home from work.
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    hope your recovery is going well Zichab!!! Don't over do it!

5/09-5/17

48 miles with Leslie

95 mile total with Leslie

27 miles outside

46 miles total outside

141 miles total

goal 150 miles

Happy walking!!!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    May 100 miles

5/1 Vivofit Tracked 3.6 miles
    5/2 Vivofit Tracked 3.3 miles=6.9 miles total
    5/3 Vivotfit Tracked 1.6 miles=8.5 miles total
    5/4 Vivofit Tracked .6 miles=9.1 miles total
    5/5 Vivofit Tracked 2.6 miles=11.7 miles total
    5/6 vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=13 miles total
    5/7 Vivofit Tracked 0 miles =13 miles total
    5/8 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles =15.4 miles total
    5/9 Vivotfit Tracked 5.2 miles=20.6 miles total

I may have to revise my goal for this month as I underwent emergency abdominal surgery on Wednesday! Geez, talk about things coming out of the blue! It really messed with my miles until they got me up walking and I really made Leslie proud with my 5 mile hospital walk-without any arm movements though. If you did not believe Leslie before, I can vouch for the fact that movement of the arms upwards definitely uses your abs as mine do not like it at all at the moment! :laugh: Life throws us some fun curves does it not? I am walking, though not as strong as I was a couple of weeks ago! :smile:

Walk Strong Everyone even if I can't right now! :bigsmile:

I just saw this. OMG I hope you are doing well. Hugs and prayers my friend.

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    83/100 I walked 5 more miles this morning on the golf course. Stay well and stay strong Walkers.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    89/100 I walked 5 miles at the park and then came home and did Leslie's 1 Mile Walk At Home.
  • lreutner
    lreutner Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    CassieLZ wrote: »
    28/100... All Leslie miles. I walk outside, but do not really have a way to track it so I feel behind on my monthly goal so I may need to reassess.
    I found this site a while back and it has been helpful to me in figuring out my outdoor walking.
    Hope it helps.
    http://www.mappedometer.com/
  • lreutner
    Options
    Lots of rain on vacation and now rain at home. So thankful for these DVDs. 19/40
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    May 100 miles

5/6 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=13 miles total
    5/10 Vivofit tracked .9 miles =21.5 miles total
    5/11 Vivofit Tracked 1.7 miles=23.2 miles total
    5/12 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=31.2 miles total
    5/13 Vivofit Tracked .9 miles=32.1 miles total
    5/14 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=33.4 miles total
    5/15 Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles-34.8 miles total
    5/16 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=35.6 miles total
    5/17 Vivofit Tracked 1.1 miles=36.7 miles total
    5/18 Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=39.3 miles total
    5/19 Vivofit Tracked 1.9 miles=41.2 miles total

WOW, those small milage days add up don't they! :laugh: Thank you for your thoughts Bandit & Pinky. I really can't "over do" so no worries there! :smile: The surgeon says I am healing nicely, but this recovery process is really cutting into my walking miles! :grumble: I am being very careful though because I still get tired very quickly. I see the surgeon again in a month when I am sure I will be back on pace!

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    May 100 miles

I may have to revise my goal for this month as I underwent emergency abdominal surgery on Wednesday! Geez, talk about things coming out of the blue! It really messed with my miles until they got me up walking and I really made Leslie proud with my 5 mile hospital walk-without any arm movements though. If you did not believe Leslie before, I can vouch for the fact that movement of the arms upwards definitely uses your abs as mine do not like it at all at the moment! :laugh: Life throws us some fun curves does it not? I am walking, though not as strong as I was a couple of weeks ago! :smile:

Walk Strong Everyone even if I can't right now! :bigsmile:

Zichab, wow, what a shock. Hope you are progressing and will be marching with Leslie again very soon. I'm sure your hard work made this "easier" to endure. Take care. Let us know how you are.
    Ann

• PinkyPan1
    Options
    95/100 I played 18 holes of golf and managed to walk an additional 6 miles this afternoon.
  • zichab
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi Everyone-I am fine and getting stronger every day. Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages and posted them to this challenge. I appreciate your caring so much and am truly humbled!

One thing I have learned through this whole ordeal is that walking and this challenge are much more than losing weight. Losing weight is actually a side effect of what we are really doing here. What all of you are doing, that you may not even realize, is getting stronger muscles and cardio vascular systems. My surgeon said to me, "You have very strong, healthy abdominals for a 62 year old woman" and that meant more to me than you have a normal BMI!!! So, even if you are not losing weight every week, do not worry about it. Just keep walking and working out with Leslie because you are getting stronger and will be able to withstand a major health crisis far easier than you even know! I only lost one week of work and I am certain that is from all the walking and working out with Leslie! I will be heading to my beloved Adirondack Mountains of New York in one month and I have no doubt that I will hike my mountains as usual and I have Leslie, this challenge and all of you (OK, maybe my cute surgeon too :laugh: ) to thank for that. So my friends.... Walk Strong because it matters a great deal to your overall health!!!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you again!
    Brenda
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    Hi Everyone-I am fine and getting stronger every day. Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages and posted them to this challenge. I appreciate your caring so much and am truly humbled!

One thing I have learned through this whole ordeal is that walking and this challenge are much more than losing weight. Losing weight is actually a side effect of what we are really doing here. What all of you are doing, that you may not even realize, is getting stronger muscles and cardio vascular systems. My surgeon said to me, "You have very strong, healthy abdominals for a 62 year old woman" and that meant more to me than you have a normal BMI!!! So, even if you are not losing weight every week, do not worry about it. Just keep walking and working out with Leslie because you are getting stronger and will be able to withstand a major health crisis far easier than you even know! I only lost one week of work and I am certain that is from all the walking and working out with Leslie! I will be heading to my beloved Adirondack Mountains of New York in one month and I have no doubt that I will hike my mountains as usual and I have Leslie, this challenge and all of you (OK, maybe my cute surgeon too :laugh: ) to thank for that. So my friends.... Walk Strong because it matters a great deal to your overall health!!!!! :bigsmile:

Thank you again!
    Brenda

I am so glad you are on the road to recovery. I agree that walking and exercising are more about strengthening our bodies and our cardio vascular systems. Losing weight along the way is an added bonus. Our health is not based on numbers found on a scale are on a BMI chart.

Continue to walk strong and enjoy your trip to the mountains next month. :smiley:
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    97/100 This morning I completed the 2 Mile Silver Walk.
  • lreutner
    Options

Thank you again!
    Brenda

I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. What a wonderful thing to hear from a doctor! Walking our way to all around healthy bodies.
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    102.5/100 GOAL MET! Another 18 holes and 5.5 miles walked this afternoon.
  • Mawskittykat
    Mawskittykat Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    05/17/15 Walked 1 mile
    05/18/15 Walked 1 mile
    05/19/15 Walked .50 mile
    05/20/15 Walked 2 miles
    05/21/15 Walked 3.25 miles
    05/22/15 Walked 1 mile
    05/23/15 Walked 2 miles

MAY TOTAL 37.75

2793411.png
  • PinkyPan1
    Options
    108/100 Bonus miles! I am getting hooked on golf. Another 18 holes and 5.5 miles walked.
  • zichab
    Options
    May 100 miles

5/6 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=13 miles total
    5/10 Vivofit tracked .9 miles =21.5 miles total
    5/11 Vivofit Tracked 1.7 miles=23.2 miles total
    5/12 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=31.2 miles total
    5/13 Vivofit Tracked .9 miles=32.1 miles total
    5/14 Vivofit Tracked 1.3 miles=33.4 miles total
    5/15 Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles-34.8 miles total
    5/16 Vivofit Tracked .8 miles=35.6 miles total
    5/17 Vivofit Tracked 1.1 miles=36.7 miles total
    5/18 Vivofit tracked 2.6 miles=39.3 miles total
    5/19 Vivofit Tracked 1.9 miles=41.2 miles total
    5/20 Vivofit Tracked 2.4 miles=43.6 miles total
    5/21 Vivofit Tracked 1.4 miles=45 miles total
    5/22 Vivofit Tracked 1.6 miles= 46.6 miles total
    5/23 First Neighborhood walk outside since surgery!!! Woo Hoo!! 2.37 miles=48.97 miles total
    5/23 Vivofit Tracked .73 miles =49.7 miles total
    5/24 Neighborhood walk=2.71 miles =52.41 miles total

Congratulations Pinky! Goal well met!!!

Well, I am back to walking outdoors although I certainly am not going to win any speed or distance races that is for sure! :laugh: It feels good to walk outside though and have my workout clothes on and I did walk farther today than yesterday so that is progress! YEAH!!!! Next up, I am going to try a Leslie Walk and see how it goes. I can't let these "healthy abs" get flabbly because I have to see my cute surgeon again in June! :wink:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi Brenda, AKA zichab, I am sorry I was away and did not sign in I didn't know you had surgery, but I am glad you a feeling better, do take it easy because you don't want to rip something and be laid up longer for recovery.
    Glad to see your walking again.
    Dawn :)
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    108/100 Bonus miles! I am getting hooked on golf. Another 18 holes and 5.5 miles walked.

That's great.