rippetoe on lifting in 40s etc

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
eventually this week i'll get around to listening to this, but in the meantime maybe others would be interested in hearing it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB6-GZ8Xjd4

and now i think i'll apologize and stop posting stuff i haven't sat through myself.

Replies

• giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Finally had a chance to listen to the interview, not all of it though. He specifically addressed deload, I believe he said there are certain (sleep, food intake, form, ?????) factors to check before even considering a deload, but didn't hear all of it and haven't had a chance to listen again... Interesting but long, will have to visit this interview again.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I will listen to this later. In the meantime let's play "Who'd you rather?" :wink:
  • indianarose2
    indianarose2 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ok, no joke. I decided to listen to this while I was taking my shower after my run this morning (I prop the phone up on the ledge of my shower) and I look up and there is this beautiful half-naked man on the screen of my phone. I nearly died! :p
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. Interesting to hear that it's volume that is the difficult part when getting older.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Vailara wrote: »
    Thanks for posting this. Interesting to hear that it's volume that is the difficult part when getting older.

Honestly I think training volume is the difficult part when you're not that old too.