Using Progress Pics To Get back On Track

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I am now 9 weeks in and down 30 lbs. I have been slacking a little lately and was looking for some motivation to get back on track. I took a look at some older pictures on my computer and now that I've lost a few pounds, I can really see how out of shape I had let my body become.

The first two pics are from earlier this year. The second picture was cropped from a photo of me and a group of five friends. My entire body was not even in the frame. I'm not sure what was up with the funky smile other than I was probably talking in both pics as the photos were taken.

The side-by-side is from 1 1/2 weeks ago (I did post this pic on the NS boards and my profile but wanted to share again). The side-by-side head shot is a shot from early this year and one from 1 1/2 weeks ago.

The hats I wear are kind of my trademark and have been for many years. They also help protect my head from the sun (and the cold). B)

I can definitely see how far I've come so far but I know there is a long way to go. Not only to reach my goal but to maintain the loss. I do feel confident that I will be able to do so but I would also like to reach my goal sooner than later and will need to be a little more disciplined.

ryz4kqj97t6j.jpg

3q01015ozfx1.jpg

s6ydr7pgpglm.gif

5cpiu9zlcqm1.gif

Replies

• tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hey!!! I think you have the same wedding band as my husband!!! Never seen anyone else with one like it.

Besides that what a huge difference!!! You look great!!! I just love looking at progress pics. Thanks for posting!!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What a difference! Kudos Mike!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow Michael! Your hard work is paying off. Outstanding transformation!!

A Red Sox hat would make you look much thinner. Lol
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    rlhealey wrote: »
    Wow Michael! Your hard work is paying off. Outstanding transformation!!

A Red Sox hat would make you look much thinner. Lol

I would definitely be a lot thinner with a Red Sox hat on because the only way that happens is if I am dead. B)

• mikemusky44
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Thanks all. I just feel like I've been in a funk for a few days and want to get back to basics. It's probably just from going off program on Sunday but I really need to snap out of it.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your progress. It's good to reflect where we've been to get focused on where we want to go. Thanks for sharing.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!