anyone else tired of winter?

tiffens
tiffens Posts: 4 Member
I always struggle to be motivated and exercise during the winter...however, now we are in June and it's still a struggle! Can someone either get rid of this gloomy weather or give me some inspiration to beat it?

Replies

• katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    I agree, today does look a little bleak from inside. But if you head outside it does look more summery. I just did a short run. I saw lambs, calfs, ducklings, the trees are all green, there are flowers everywhere, the stinging nettles are over grown (ouch ????), the birds are very busy tweeting and feeding their young. The sun isn't shining but it doesn't get dark till after half 9 and its light before 5.

Just try your best to go outside and look up. I never feel worse from getting out on a walk/run/cycle/swim. If there is nothing interesting to look at on your walk (I love wildlife but love staring in people windows too ????) then I take music to listen to. However gloomy I feel I always feel chirpier after fresh air and my hear rate raising.
    Go for it, you can do it :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • binsylad
    binsylad Posts: 99
    I have to say that I totally agree.... Even today driving to work, it started to rain again!

Its de motivating... but hey ... You are all here for support, so lets make the most of it!

I might even get the bike out, oil it up and get filthy in the woods!! (No innuendos please)

Anyway - Have a good day
  • jigr69
    jigr69 Posts: 10
    The weather so far this year is playing havoc with my training as I have a charity bike ride in July and another one in October. The first one is 56 miles which isn't too bad, but the second one is a mere 84 miles. Trying to get out and build up to cycling for 3 to 5 hours at a time is very hard since the wind and rain is hampering progress.

I want several weeks of dry, windless days (especially at weekends) in order to get the big bike rides in to build up endurance.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Can someone either get rid of this gloomy weather or give me some inspiration to beat it?

I workout at home so come rain or shine, it's doable. I'm doing Insanity currently and tbh, the cool weather is perfect :laugh: