Am I the only one with a weak bladder? (sorry TMI) lol

Terri70
Terri70 Posts: 186 Member
Since having my kids and a partial hysterectomy I have had such a weak bladder. When off plan the problem isn't as bad cause I don't drink a whole lot. NOW that I'm drinking more water... Man! That bathroom is just too darned far! lol Am I the only one with this problem? If not, how do you deal with sudden trips to the bathroom and almost not making it? lol

Replies

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Nope, not alone.

I just try and go as often as I can. Sometimes, however, I get in an UH OH moment. I find pounding my right foot on the floor helps. But, sometimes it takes a whole lotta concentration to avoid the accident.

At least we get our exercise going back and forth to the bathroom. LOL!
  • Terri70
    No kidding! lol This is the worst thing about drinking water! It creeps up on my so quick that I don't realize I have to go until I'm standing there with my legs crossed, frozen in fear of movement! lol It happens once or twice a day now.
  • SandiHaycox
    SandiHaycox Posts: 1 Member
    I feel your pain :) Try living with the water I am drinking and also taking a diuretic for my BP. I just go whenever I pass by the bathroom, does help. I also have to keep close track of my BP, if it creeps up, I have to cut down on the water, good for me or not.
  • Terri70
    OMG I would so flood everything! lol I've started going to the bathroom often and it seems to be helping.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    I hear ya! But I will say that as my belly mass is decreasing, the reduced pressure on my bladder is starting to lessen this issue. So, I'm hopeful that continued progress will help even more.

You're not alone!
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 322 Member
    edited May 2015
    I am right there with the rest of you! I have quilted water proof bed pads on my chairs and bed and believe me I have to wash them every day. Mine is due to the back injury that disabled me. Either the herniated discs or the bulging disc is resting on the bladder nerve. Doctors told me years ago nothing could be done till I got below 250 pounds and I still have 100 pounds to go.
    I try to every time I pass the bathroom also. I never leave the house without going first and go to the bathroom as soon as I get to the store or where ever it is I left the house for.
    z55387af06aeb6.gif
    16077007.png
  • Joanne3366
    Joanne3366 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I go just before I leave the house in the morning and by the time I get to work(which is 5 miles away) I am ready to wet my pants. Besides drinking all our water, I think getting older has a lot to do with it. Everything is starting to sag. :o
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Hi
    Trust me it isn't just the women that have this problem. :) I was OK, Well better anyway, until I started drinking all the water.
  • Nightingale2200
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Hi
    Trust me it isn't just the women that have this problem. :) I was OK, Well better anyway, until I started drinking all the water.

Yeah, me, too. The increase in water with me as a Diabetic (and, not controlled adequately) is problematic, especially at night during sleep. Once I am better controlled, I think it will improve.

• kayyield
    kayyield Posts: 568 Member
    I agree. I have to go, a lot. And I usually wait until it's an emergency.
  • Terri70
    Mine is either I totally don't have to go or Oh NO! I gotta go like NOW!!!! No in between. lol I'm sorta glad (sorry y'all) I'm not alone in this. lol
  • flomay5253
    flomay5253 Posts: 17 Member
    I make it a rule of thumb to never pass up the opportunity to use a rest room! Just to be on the safe side.
  • Nightingale2200
    Probably very wise advice, flowmay. :)
  • DorisSilver50
    DorisSilver50 Posts: 98 Member
    After 5 kids and age I always say I am good at multi-tasking, I can laugh, sneeze, cough, fart and pee all at the same time:) If the stress incontinence is pretty mild you can do kegel exercises (contract and release the muscles you use to stop a stream of urine) as often as you can remember to do it. Otherwise, if I am going to do any exercise that requires jumping, jogging, etc I have to wear a light-weight pad. I had hoped that losing weight would improve the situation...but 27# down and no help:'( There are pelvic surgeries that can be done, or bio-feedback techniques that are supposed to help, I am trying to avoid the surgical interventions.
  • RogerToo
    After 5 kids and age I always say I am good at multi-tasking, I can laugh, sneeze, cough, fart and pee all at the same time:) If the stress incontinence is pretty mild you can do kegel exercises (contract and release the muscles you use to stop a stream of urine) as often as you can remember to do it. Otherwise, if I am going to do any exercise that requires jumping, jogging, etc I have to wear a light-weight pad. I had hoped that losing weight would improve the situation...but 27# down and no help:'( There are pelvic surgeries that can be done, or bio-feedback techniques that are supposed to help, I am trying to avoid the surgical interventions.

Hi Doris
    It was suggested to me to try some sort of electrical current treatment. That did not sound appealing :)

Cheers
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    UPDATE: Yesterday I had an appt with a Urologist. I have had this severe incontinence issue since 1992. This is the first day that I woke up completely dry and didn't have to wash 4 to 6 quilted bed pads. I was so surprised and lost not having to do the wash first thing upon awakening. When I got home from work I had no laundry to have to take out of the machine and put into the dryer. The Dr gave me 2 new meds. Well they are new to me and I hope and pray this was just not a fluke and that I will have many more dry nights. :)
  • Nightingale2200
    That is amazing, Amanda. I know you were overjoyed. So happy for you.
  • RogerToo
    ssflbelle wrote: »
    UPDATE: Yesterday I had an appt with a Urologist. I have had this severe incontinence issue since 1992. This is the first day that I woke up completely dry and didn't have to wash 4 to 6 quilted bed pads. I was so surprised and lost not having to do the wash first thing upon awakening. When I got home from work I had no laundry to have to take out of the machine and put into the dryer. The Dr gave me 2 new meds. Well they are new to me and I hope and pray this was just not a fluke and that I will have many more dry nights. :)

Hi Amanda
    Congratulations. What did You ever do with all the extra time :)
    New Avatar I see.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    RogerToo wrote: »
    ssflbelle wrote: »

Hi Amanda
    Congratulations. What did You ever do with all the extra time :)
    New Avatar I see.

Good Luck
    Roger

I did some web research on various topics. Yes the END ALZ was for the weekend as this is ALZ month and lots of activities were this weekend. I meant to change it back to the standing 151 pounds lost avatar.
  • RogerToo
    Hi Again
    What did the doctor Give You that is working? I have been through many trying to control urgency and just gave up.
    Thank You
    Roger