5/4 Day 74 Monday Movin May Day 4

Options
2»

Replies

• dbrhs
    dbrhs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm another one that is tied to the desk & the phone all day. I've been thinking I ought to take 10 minutes and go for a quick walk, but there are always excuses like my shoes are too uncomfortable to walk in. So my bag for work tomorrow contains not just my lunch but an extra pair of sneakers that have been gathering dust in my closet.
  • matott25
    matott25 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Walk completed. I usually sit and rock my 2 1/2 yo for naps and at bed time so I'm going to start putting her in her bed and get her to sleep on her own for naps then slowly at bedtime dont want to rush her and make it a nightmare with no rocking all at once.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    Although I said my one thing would be walking around work drinking coffee, I pretty much have the coffee covered. I generally have coffee with me anytime I'm teaching. To increase the walking around, I'll move the chair out from behind the instructor work station, so I won't be tempted to sit at the computer. I'll also call IT to fix the projector remote so that I can run power points while walking all around the classroom.
  • wendyn1998
    wendyn1998 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, how about walking back and forth the restroom after all the water I drank today...LOL. But seriously, walking that extra few steps around the building, or using the stairs, it all adds up.
  • valeriebelle2
    valeriebelle2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I kept moving at work by doing things that needed to be done whether it was my job or not. I seem to be less stressed! So far so good :)
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I did replace my chair yesterday. I also took a second walk around the block with my husband in the evening. :) even though I hit my step around 3 in the afternoon.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I kept moving at work by doing things that needed to be done whether it was my job or not. I seem to be less stressed! So far so good :)

Valerie, that's a great observation! People who purposefully move around at work are typically less stressed than their sedentary co-workers!
  • nurselizrn
    nurselizrn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My one thing will be to park at the back of the parking lot where ever it is. I'm one to tend to look for the closest spot possible, no more for that!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    nurselizrn wrote: »
    My one thing will be to park at the back of the parking lot where ever it is. I'm one to tend to look for the closest spot possible, no more for that!

That's a great one thing! I've long been parking away from the store, but only within the last year has it been because of trying to walk more. Before and still now, it's because my parking skills are horrendous.

• keepcalmrunon246
    keepcalmrunon246 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will sit less during my breaks at work. I started today - Once I've eaten I will get up and do something instead of sitting and chatting.