PS4 - (cheaper and no restrictions)

Options
dxtra30
dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
PS4 is $399 and NO restrictions on used games. Only negative thing for PS4 is you MUST HAVE Playstation Plus to play online. However I have it and well worth it. Free games, discounts, cloud service, for only $5 a month. I think PS4 just owned this E3 show.

Replies

• ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ya, Xbox has shot itself in the foot. Looks like I'll be switching allegiance for the next generation. I'll miss out on Forza, Halo and the better controller design, but that isn't enough to keep me interested.

Oh well, Destiny is all I really want at the moment anyway.
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think PS4 just owned this E3 show.

Yup. By far.
  • WonTaunTaun
    WonTaunTaun Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I hate this. I have always chosen Xbox over Playstation. But man, it looks like there isn't much of a choice this time. Xbox has hurt me real deep like this time. :(
  • lacquer_head
    lacquer_head Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I hate this. I have always chosen Xbox over Playstation. But man, it looks like there isn't much of a choice this time. Xbox has hurt me real deep like this time. :(

Right?! I was really excited for the new Xbox. It's been nothing but disappointing news, ever since it was announced. The only thing Microsoft has done successfully is alienate its entire fan-base.
  • doctorwhome
    Options
    I was totally on board with Xbox until this week. I'm really thinking it's time to make the switch. I was going to just get another old Xbox later this year, but I'm thinking the PS4 is the way to go.
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Sony certainly pwnd MS. It might be time for XBOX to go the way of the Saturn and Jaguar.

BMdQRA4CEAEQeL2jpg_large_zpsd9eee5aa.jpg
  • dandur
    dandur Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    This cracked me up.

https://imgur.com/gallery/n9Dch
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow....what a way to go MS. Good thing you still own the PC market.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Wow....what a way to go MS. Good thing you still own the PC market.
    Wait for Google to catch up, won't be long :P
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options

HAHA! loved it
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    With PS finally requiring PS+ for online play for all people I think I am going to switch also.

I always hated the free online for PS, it was terrible because everyone would use it often flooding the place with people who were really bad (no mic) etc. I always loved Xbox for that one reason they forced you to pay to play.

Xbox really really screwed up, I was ready to buy both but with all this crap coming out from Xbox camp I think I'll stick to PS4.

Did you hear about Gaikai, sounds very interesting, the ability to go back and buy any game you might've missed. I am dying to try Ni No Kuni but don't feel like buying a PS3 for 1 game especially with PS4 on the brink. Now I can just buy it and play at a later date.
  • dxtra30
    dxtra30 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Final Score: Playstation: 4 - Xbox : 1

Xbox down! Someone call an ambulance... Wii U Wii U Wii U...
  • ironanimal
    Options
    I quite like that they'll be bringing backwards compatibility from PS3 to PS4 eventually. Makes even more sense to me as an ex-xbox'r, since it opens up all the PS3 lineup to me as well.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I can only hope that this E3 event was an eye-opener,

I have never liked MS in the first place, because I disagree with their take on consumers, like having to be gold to actually use Netflix (though I hear that may have been changed), or if they feel like they need to be one step above, they will buy out exclusive timed rights which leaves the others out in the dark for a while.

and finally their DRM, game sharing policy and over all "screw our customers" attitude bit them in the butt.

p.s. to all the xbox refugees getting a PS4....Welcome!
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options

LMAO! This cracked me up

I've always been a Sony fangirl, but wooooooow MS SO FAILZ!!!!

I'm totally sold on the PS4.

And uber fangirlgasmed over Kingdom Hearts 3 :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing:
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I have my Wii U and won't be getting a PS4 or Xbox One...I might buy a gaming rig though...
  • bship15_wechanged
    bship15_wechanged Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was totally on board with Xbox until this week. I'm really thinking it's time to make the switch. I was going to just get another old Xbox later this year, but I'm thinking the PS4 is the way to go.

Completely agree. I was still going Xbox One until yesterday.....as of this morning I have pre-ordered my PS4!

Will still get a xbox one later on but not till the price drops or I dont end up liking the PS4.
  • bship15_wechanged
    bship15_wechanged Posts: 71 Member
    Options

LMAO! This cracked me up

I've always been a Sony fangirl, but wooooooow MS SO FAILZ!!!!

I'm totally sold on the PS4.

And uber fangirlgasmed over Kingdom Hearts 3 :heart: :heart: :heart: :blushing:

Cant wait to play Kingdom Hearts 3 :)
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Ya, Xbox has shot itself in the foot. Looks like I'll be switching allegiance for the next generation. I'll miss out on Forza, Halo and the better controller design, but that isn't enough to keep me interested.

Oh well, Destiny is all I really want at the moment anyway.

Don't worry...You get uncharted, gt and a bunch of other ps only titles.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Why are people trying to use paying for multiplayer ($5 a month, still cheaper than Live) as a negative? If you can't spare $5 a month, then don't expect to buy the $400 machine, IMO.

PS Plus is well worth the $5 a month to play online multiplayer. It's better than Live. You get a ton of free games. Now in the US they are finally starting to give us AAA titles on it, too.

PS4 has won the next generation and it hasn't even started yet, especially if the only 'negative' people come up with is paying to play multiplayer.